Bangface : March 10 : A Face Odyssey

humanzee

bf30webfly.jpg

BANG FACE XXX - A FACE ODYSSEY
Friday 10th March 2006

Celebrating Syzygy: when all nine planets align on the same side of the sun!

RAY KEITH - Jungle / Drum & Bass Godfather
BILLY BUNTER - The Rave Legend plays Hardcore & Jungle
µ-ZIQ (Live) - The Planet Mu Big Man
CEEPHAX ACID CREW (Live) + THE ODD JOB MEN
SCOTCH EGG (Live) - Gameboy Gabber Explosion
OVE NAXX (Live) - Japanese Hardcore Assault
FFF - The Junglist Murderer
LESTER LEWITT - Acid mash-up / Firstcask Records Hard Crew
Plus SAINT ACID and THE HARD CREW

ELECTROWERKZ
7 Torrens Street
Islington, London EC1V 1NQ

Rave-span: 9pm - 5am

Advanced tickets £8 from:
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=152689
24 Hour Telephone Orders: 08700 600 100

Cash only (plus £1 shop fee) from:
Smallfish Records, 329 Old Street, London EC1V 9LE
Phonica Records, 51 Poland Street, London W1F 7NG

Hype and i-Flyer: http://www.bangface.com

RAVE-THEME: SPACE - dress up like Astronauts and Aliens

S

simon silverdollar

i'm going cuz its my birthday then. so all come along, but BRING PRESENTS!

bassnation

the abyss
humanzee said:
RAY KEITH - Jungle / Drum & Bass Godfather
BILLY BUNTER - The Rave Legend plays Hardcore & Jungle
µ-ZIQ (Live) - The Planet Mu Big Man
CEEPHAX ACID CREW (Live) + THE ODD JOB MEN
SCOTCH EGG (Live) - Gameboy Gabber Explosion
OVE NAXX (Live) - Japanese Hardcore Assault
FFF - The Junglist Murderer
LESTER LEWITT - Acid mash-up / Firstcask Records Hard Crew
Plus SAINT ACID and THE HARD CREW

love the idea of seeing billy bunter and ray keith - its only the fact that it shares a billing with all that screechy idm that puts me off going.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bassnation said:
love the idea of seeing billy bunter and ray keith - its only the fact that it shares a billing with all that screechy idm that puts me off going.

i would have thought you'd like a bit of ceephax's spangled acid

bassnation

the abyss
matt b said:
i would have thought you'd like a bit of ceephax's spangled acid

i went a while ago when ceephax was playing.

it was good for a while - and i'm going to sound like an old man saying this - but then it sort of degenerated into a complete midrange racket. we weren't far from the speakers and it screwed my hearing up for days. i've developed tinnitus over the last few years and i've become quite protective of my hearing as a result.

my mate wears earplugs to events like this, i was quite jealous of him for having them - but then again hes got it really bad, mostly from studio work with headphones.

shut up and dance were wicked though, has to be said.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bassnation said:
it was good for a while - and i'm going to sound like an old man saying this - but then it sort of degenerated into a complete midrange racket.

and i can't think of a single idm artist who knows/ utilises the true power of BASS.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
ove naxx is pretty wicked live. he comes out like cousin it from the adamms family, hair draped all over his face, ski goggles on and goes fucking bonkers, quite often injuring himself in the process. he' slike a man possessed, but a really sweet, polite dude in person.

C

captain easychord

bassnation said:

my thoughts exactly. i would enjoy this night a lot more f they stopped booking all that IDM shit and stuck to the 'legends of hardcore' theme.

and i find they need to sequence the evenings better. the last one of these i went to, i got there at around 11:00, place was dead, maybe 15 people standing up and this guy was rinsing all heavy barrelling DJ Scud-esque 200BPM jungle shit. pointless noise to an empty (literally) dancefloor = a bit much when people are trying to settle into a party.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simon silverdollar

captain easychord said:
my thoughts exactly. i would enjoy this night a lot more f they stopped booking all that IDM shit and stuck to the 'legends of hardcore' motif.

and i find they need to sequence the evenings better. the last one of these i went to, i got there at around 11:00, place was dead, maybe 15 people standing up and this guy was rinsing all heavy barrelling DJ Scud-esque 200BPM jungle shit. pointless noise to an empty (literally) dancefloor = a bit much when people are trying to settle into a party.

yeah it is stupid when they do that. it only gets good around 1a.m: everything before that, the majority of the audience are crowded round the bar, trying the avoid the noise. i don't bother turning up before 1 now.