0bleak

Has anyone here actually undergone psychoanalysis?

Yes.
It didn't do anything for me because, I think it was after the second appt, after I told him about one of my dreams, he told me that I was fine and that I didn't need to come back.

DLaurent

I was referred to a psychologist by my psychiatrist. Asked me the usual did you have a happy childhood questions, to which I answered yes. Then told them what happened later on, and she must have listened to Werner Herzog, who hates psychoanalysis and refers to 'dint of compassion' as she said she couldn't help me.

craner

Beast of Burden
I do like that film where keira knightley gets spanked by Jung. She gives one of the most laughable performances of any film in that, which I actually quite admire her for.

Psychoanalysis, something I was interested in when I was a young man but have lazily since categorised as 'outdated/obsolete' because I read some books about neuroscience where they said Freud was talking a load of arse

Keira is a brave actress in that regard. There are not many who can be as boldly bad as she can. I quite like her too.

Mark gave an interesting reply early in the thread which everybody ignored. Odd how perspectives and reputations change.