constant escape

winter withered, warm
Any strategies of such scale would have to be conceived in terms of ultra complex psychic ecology, no? Could be that some uberwealthies are clued into science and technology that is inaccessible to the public, or at least esoteric - but there we go into pure speculation again.

Which isn;t to entirely dismiss the prospects of pure speculation, rather just to assert that such speculation has a specific role and must be situated accordingly into any larger cognitive strategy.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Varoufakis makes Eurogroup, and/or the Eurogroup working group, out to be a board of bumbling elites. I don't know enough about them, or any of the big figures in banking across the globe, to really steer any further speculation into any useful directions.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But apparently the meetings are available to listen to on youtube, according to DiEM25's "leaks" of them. That was one of the axioms for Varoufakis' political agenda with DiEM25: top-down transparency, making such recordings freely available. I'm pretty sure all or most of the US senate hearings are available to stream, but I haven't really looked into it, or any of the other policy-centric meetings.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I think much of the conspiratorial drive boils down to employing unfalsifiable theories as a last-ditch effort to cling to any sense of understanding the world. The other options? Ceding any prospects of understanding the world, or else taking virtually infinite pains to map out a territory of virtually infinite complexity.

edit: all three are understandable, but the latter is pseudo-hubristic and probably insane by most people's standards. But hey, I haven't cracked yet.

edit edit: That second option includes settling for understanding a topic or set of topics rather than the whole array of topics, as well as delegating your understanding to such and such expert as a sort of surrogacy. Again, all options are understandable as far as I'm concerned.

Leo

the two guys both make reasonable points. the fact is the WEF has no authority to do anything, make "laws" or get anything accomplished. if this is anyone's biggest fear, then they're leading a pretty sweet life.

luka

A certain degree of transnational planning is likely in the implementation of certain technological or political schemes, like, EFTPOS at the end of the 90s. Places like New Zealand often run the pilot scheme and then it's rolled out across the world.

luka

Everybody's paranoia levels ebb and flow of course, bound up in larger social and biological and cosmic rhythms

mixed_biscuits

luka

Leo feels like he's from a completely different generation to us when he talks about this stuff. I mean, he is, but you really notice it when it comes to trust in institutions whereas you don't when he's talking about techno or whatever

Leo

The ostensible powerlessness of the WEF is a smokescreen: the organisation doesn't (aim to) determine elite desires but reflects and focuses them far from democratic influence.

rich people and business owners mingle to maybe come up with ways to make more money and perhaps get recommendations on ski vacations, is more like it.

Leo

Leo feels like he's from a completely different generation to us when he talks about this stuff. I mean, he is, but you really notice it when it comes to trust in institutions whereas you don't when he's talking about techno or whatever

actually, I have very little trust in them. I just doubt they are as visionary, capable and efficient as you lot.