REGGAE/DANCEHALL - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

john eden

male pale and stale
Would I be right in saying it's been a slow start to the year?

Does anyone know what the new Pinchers one is called (tune/riddim)? - that seems pretty good.

gabriel

The Heatwave
yeah you would actually - according to my calculations, there's only been about 250 dancehall 7"s released in jamaica since january 1st, compared to about 450 for the same period last year (i'm sure both figures are slightly higher than this, but my figures come from the same source, so are good to compare)

which new pinchers tune is that?

john eden

male pale and stale
errrr dunno what it's called - rodigan was playing it a few weeks back but I've not heard his show since then (the shame!) :eek:

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Saw a link somewhere recently to the Myspace of a Puerto Rican reggaeton MC - about nine years old - called something like Mosquito. Does anyone know who I mean?

john eden

male pale and stale
can anyone tell me what the point of the new Mr Vegas tune is in which he is trying to be Tenor Saw over a loop?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it's been a phenomenally slow start to the year.
the worst i've ver known it, to be honest.
i think there are certain economic factors at play here, but don't really know enough about that to be terribly lucid about it.

gabriel

The Heatwave
can anyone tell me what the point of the new Mr Vegas tune is in which he is trying to be Tenor Saw over a loop?

need to be more specific john, there's loads of new mr vegas tunes... do you mean lean with it on the darker shade of black rhythm?

it's been a phenomenally slow start to the year.
the worst i've ver known it, to be honest.
i think there are certain economic factors at play here, but don't really know enough about that to be terribly lucid about it.

i decided recently that the main factor in the small amount of 7s that are being released is the focus of the dancehall world has moved entirely onto cds/mp3s, ie a riddim is 'new' when it's promo'd on cd and available on soulseek etc, and no one really cares about the vinyl any more. cos there still seems to be lots of new riddims appearing, just not many on 7". but then generally they eventually end up on 7, so maybe the slowness we're seeing now is actually reflecting the slowness of about 4-6 months ago, when the riddims were being made? dunno really

what are the economic factors at play that you refer to?

john eden

male pale and stale
need to be more specific john, there's loads of new mr vegas tunes... do you mean lean with it on the darker shade of black rhythm?

i think that is the one, it just seems like a poor imitiation of lots of signs, vocally, and not very interesting musically.

gabriel

The Heatwave
hmm, doesn't sound like lean with it i don't think, maybe his one on the taxi rhythm? or something else even newer and unreleased?

john eden

male pale and stale
hmm, doesn't sound like lean with it i don't think, maybe his one on the taxi rhythm? or something else even newer and unreleased?

I feel bad laying into it now. :( Poor little thing hasn't even been released into the world and there I am stamping on it.

gabriel

The Heatwave
"The zoo must kill the bear," said spokesman Frank Albrecht. "Feeding by hand is not species-appropriate but a gross violation of animal protection laws."

what a fucking lunatic. maybe mr vegas should make a song about this?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Quite possibly also the BIGGEST DERAIL I have EVEN seen on Dissensus!

i'm just ashamed i've got nothing to say about 2007 reggae releases

(this one is 2007 and i like it, but its not JA-produced: sista beloved- 'rastafari' (reggae remedy 10”)

john eden

male pale and stale
It would be great if there was an entire concept around the bear in bashment, and also a new dance craze.

gabriel

The Heatwave
yeah it could be a dance where you pretend to feed from a bottle, or alternatively where you cradle an imaginary helpless infant polar bear in your arms and feed it with a bottle. or even one in which you fight off lunatics like Frank Albrecht with an imaginary sword or something in order to protect the bear

maybe i'll make a polar bear riddim, or has wiley done one already?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
BUMP_015_sell.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.