YouTube video finds

freakyrixx

Baptazia NYE 2007

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

almost pissed myself laughing :D

BareBones

wheezy
old kent road

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
old kent road

Fozzie's version merks it

swears

preppy-kei
Around the age of 11, I would watch this fella on MTV called Ray Cokes do a show where he'd arse about and introduce videos. So, being in a nostalgic mood, I decided to youtube search for some clips of his "hilarious" japes and bufoonery.

Well, I only ended up finding the worst video and song ever:

(From 3:22 onwards)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Teh blow melts your brains, Mr. Cokes.

I like how the one black guy in the video is clearly there to provide street cred.

I thought this one down below was pretty good. It was listed on the front page anyway.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Shoes:

shoes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shoes.

crackerjack

shoes.

Shoes.

My Shoes beat yours.

barry_abs

lil' beyutch

Client Eastwood

Greg Wilson - this is great on so many levels.

'a mixing dj in action'
the headphones
the people in the studio taking drugs and making echoes comment by fools holland
the crowd reaction or not rather

who is the fella with him? im guessing a picadilly fm radio disc jockey but who dat ?

Last edited:

barry_abs

lil' beyutch

BareBones

wheezy

'a mixing dj in action'
the headphones
the people in the studio taking drugs and making echoes comment by fools holland

who is the fella with him? im guessing a picadilly fm radio disc jockey but who dat ?

this is great! Greg wilson has skills.... and jools holland is an absolute plonker.

fucking sweet tune as well.

moolac

shit euro happy hardcore x bad acting x long video x doctor who x star wars x care bears = FAIL

zhao

there are no accidents
awesome traditional Morlam music from North East Thailand and South Laos = WIN

zhao

there are no accidents
great stuff, i just don't get the shirt & tie get up, why?

it seems the dress code of former colonies often allow women to retain all the colorful sensuality of traditional fashion yet the men usually conform to modern western styles. i'm sure there are a few cultural anthropology research papers out there on the subject...

i suppose i'm the only one who thinks some of this sounds a bit like dubstep. for one thing the BPM is totally spot on. FUSION 2 will surely include some morlam, and dreaming of traveling to those parts to work with local musicians...

my Thai friend says this is the music people from the country side prefer, while the big city folk are listening to Rihanna and Kanye. and there is a street culture, in poor parts of town they just set up stages anywhere, and people come and dance all night. like this:

and here are a couple examples of modernized pop morlam:

probably unlikely that any kind of "electro-morlam" will enter the hipster consciousness in the west the same way that Cumbia did (or is beginning to). for i suppose arbitrary historical reasons which lead to americans and europeans becoming more accustomed to the latin palette rather than south east asian...

benjybars

village elder.

'a mixing dj in action'
the headphones

that is so fucking cool!

love his tiny little headphones..