important question that needs a quick answer

mms

sometimes
This is a strange request, but does anyone know anywhere in london, central or otherwise that sells coloured sand, the sort you use in craft and decoration etc, i need some in the next two days for an important project.

this is not a joke.

the colour i need is purple.

thanks

john eden

male pale and stale
word here is check aquatic suppliers (for fishtanks and stuff)

or there is a place called something like "Galaxy" at the south end of Holloway Road which is like a kitch art supply warehouse (round the back of holloway road rather than on it?)

ask aunty google for coloured sand recipe and what do you get ?

Activities
Make Coloured Sand

You will need: small bottle with a screw cap, funnel, sand, food colouring, stick, small pots or tubs, newspaper.

1. Half-fill the small pots with sand. Add 2-3 drops of food colouring to each.
2. Stir the colouring into the sand, mixing well. If the colour is not deep enough, add a few more drops of food colouring.
3. Pour your coloured sand onto a sheet of newspaper to dry.
4. When the sand is dry, return it to its pot ready for use.
5. When you have several colours of sand you can build up different coloured layers inside a bottle to make a stripy design. Use a funnel to pour the sand smoothly into the bottle.
6. Make sure you fill the bottle right to the top and press it down very firmly with the stick, so that there's no room for the layers to move about after you have screwed the cap on.

NOTE: If you can't get hold of any sand, you can use salt instead. And if food colouring is a problem, try using powder paint as a substitute. Just mix it into the sand (or salt) with a little water and then follow steps 3 to 6.

I'd suggest using foundry sand. It's high quality stuff and clean.

mms

sometimes
ask aunty google for coloured sand recipe and what do you get ?

Activities
Make Coloured Sand

You will need: small bottle with a screw cap, funnel, sand, food colouring, stick, small pots or tubs, newspaper.

1. Half-fill the small pots with sand. Add 2-3 drops of food colouring to each.
2. Stir the colouring into the sand, mixing well. If the colour is not deep enough, add a few more drops of food colouring.
3. Pour your coloured sand onto a sheet of newspaper to dry.
4. When the sand is dry, return it to its pot ready for use.
5. When you have several colours of sand you can build up different coloured layers inside a bottle to make a stripy design. Use a funnel to pour the sand smoothly into the bottle.
6. Make sure you fill the bottle right to the top and press it down very firmly with the stick, so that there's no room for the layers to move about after you have screwed the cap on.

NOTE: If you can't get hold of any sand, you can use salt instead. And if food colouring is a problem, try using powder paint as a substitute. Just mix it into the sand (or salt) with a little water and then follow steps 3 to 6.

I'd suggest using foundry sand. It's high quality stuff and clean.

can't use anything that might be sticky.

serious