Troops on LSD (~1960)

nomos

Administrator
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

...and the efficiency of the rocket launcher team was also very impaired

:eek:

nomos

Administrator
Makes good viewing alongside "Hot Girl on LSD" (which I think someone already posted)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

... and the somewhat predictable sequel "Another girl on LSD"

P

Parson

Makes good viewing alongside "Hot Girl on LSD" (which I think someone already posted)

the last track on my tractor pull mix(in the mixes forum) is a tune i did that was built around the hot girl on lsd clip. i even used the guitar sound that pops up at the end.

the mix is broke down into tracks so you can skip to the end to peep it if u like

N

nomadologist

I read once that the term "trip" actually derives from the US military's experiments with LSD on its own troops. It's how the soldiers themselves would refer to the night-time excursions that they were sent on having been pumped full of the stuff.

From ACID DREAMS, or The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond. Really great read.

didn't the US Government (or maybe the German goverment) also develop PCP SOLELY as a drug they thought would create supersoldiers?

i don't really get the girls on acid clips. would testosterone help? i see that they're cute, but it's not interesting the way they're describing their trips. you shouldn't ever bother putting trips into words because you just can't. you feel like those stupid flower power episodes of Dragnet where they show "tripping" being literal delusions where there are spinning flowers in the room. tryptamine-induced hallucinations are nothing like real objects that occupy 3-dimensional space. and then your dog dies because you mistook it for a turkey and roasted it or some shit.

i will say that once on five hits of this mad harsh sheet acid i saw my entire bedroom floor turn into the word "cash" in a cheesy 70s-looking font in of course that flourescent hypercolor glow that is not really a color at all, and then it slid up my wall and filled up my ceiling for what felt like 10 minutes before it poofed away. by hour 15, this stops seeming amazing and you start looking at your watch. sheet acid can be all cliched visuals, very boring.

you're welcome. i know how fascinating someone else's chemical recall is.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That story about PCP sounds like one of the many, many urban myths surrounding drugs, and that drug in particular. It was developed as a human tranquilizer/anaesthetic, I think, and later shelved because of its unpredictable side effects, although re-introduced in the 50s as a vetinary anaesthetic. The idea that it imparts 'superhuman' strength is pure War-On-Drugs hogwash.