est malade
horror1.jpg

horror2.jpg

horror3.jpg

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

tahahaha. he's my dream hunk, bruno.

i remember when imitation of christ was exciting. and dries van noten had some bomb collections circa 1997-99

zhao

there are no accidents
noteworthy outfits part 3: Dior Homme (in defense of the 3, and even 4-button jacket)

00180m.jpg

00190m.jpg
is that... david J?

00320m.jpg

00090m.jpg

N

nomadologist

god models are so young looking. it's sad how old these kids make me feel at 24. dior homme is probably my favorite menswear now, though it is for the younger crowd

Guybrush

Dittohead
Why do some of you have a problem with three-button jackets? I am of the opinion that a well-cut three-button jacket is incapable of falling out of style completely (like a Beethoven sonata, perhaps): at its most unfashionable it looks unoriginal but stylish; at its most fashionable it looks effortlessly smart. That uppermost Dior Homme jacket looks like shit, though.

N

nomadologist

inorite!

i like the top jacket. it's a concepty piece, i don't think you'd want to wear it to work...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Why do some of you have a problem with three-button jackets? I am of the opinion that a well-cut three-button jacket is incapable of falling out of style completely (like a Beethoven sonata, perhaps): at its most unfashionable it looks unoriginal but stylish; at its most fashionable it looks effortlessly smart. That uppermost Dior Homme jacket looks like shit, though.

3 button jackets? I ws kinda joking, but it's an old argument for me, coming up as a rocker ( two button ) as opposed to the mods ( 3 button ). And abject jealousy that any 3 button jacket makes me look like a ponce, as opposed to the fey lothario that they're meant to.

God Imitation Of Christ! I did a thing with them once in Brazil, I like that lot, anyone know what they're doing now? I always thought they were gonna run the world, but then I once thought that about Harmony Korine n all.

For fashion for small people, I like Comme de Garcons. Dior is the only thing rocking for young men at the moment though, you're totally on the money there nomad. But you have to be 6 foot.

zhao

there are no accidents
makes me look like a ponce, as opposed to the fey lothario that they're meant to.

sorry not understanding the local color here: what does "ponce" and "lothario" mean?

most of my jackets fit like this:
00110m.jpg

a few more comfy like this one:
00290m.jpg

Guybrush

Dittohead
Sadly, the most comfortable pair of clothing posted so far probably is Bruno’s buttoned-up white vest with kung-fu pants thingy. Sorry Zhao, but you slim-fitting jackets—despite looking fabulous—don’t nearly entice me to the same degree. Where are the really comfortable clothes which look smart, I wonder? Or is it perhaps that the ache-and-blister inducing clothes are attractive precisely because they are not comfortable? But that sounds odd too: surely there must be a widespread demand for comfy-yet-tidy clothes?

zhao

there are no accidents
I'm pretty comfortable in the slim form fitting stuff. but agree with you 100% about SHOES. it's fucking dysmal out there in terms of footwear...

zhao

there are no accidents
gaultier, on occasion, still rocks. hard.

00100m.jpg

00260m.jpg

00250m.jpg

00370m.jpg

00380m.jpg

hmmmm... maybe I should start looking into the tights situation... if only as an excuse to get a new pair of boots :D

zhao

there are no accidents
see, these jeans look absolutely shit to me. baggy around the hips, looks like you just unloaded in your pants, and tight around the ankles. every fashion victim in LA has these on. yuck.

00040m.jpg

bruno

est malade
i wouldn't be caught dead in any of what has been posted except dunhill, which i will never afford anyway.

sometimes i think the less flaboyant the clothing, the more likely the person is interesting. you wouldn't believe the stories i've heard from random people on the street or in bars, people you wouldn't notice if they were sitting next to you.

i like the way morty feldman dressed

070201morty.jpg

and mies van der rohe

070201mies.jpg

they both looked very comfortable in what they wore.

070201george.jpg

boy george looks fucking great here.

on to women. i find most women can wear anything and look great but i have my preferences.

i've always had an intense like/fetish for single piece black dresses and pearls around the neck. this combination makes me want to enslave continents, destroy mountains, etc.

i like floral prints and patterns

070201summerlove.jpg

and pious, almost nunnish clothes

070201isabelle.jpg

bracelets

070201emmanuelle_2_40.jpg

qipaos

070201emmanuelle_2_77.jpg

light blouses. the list is endless.

on reflection, the first two emmanuelle films are a synthesis of everything i like.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
sometimes i think the less flaboyant the clothing, the more likely the person is interesting.

a-ha! this is exactly what I'm talking about, and would like to have more discussion on. finally someone takes up this issue.

it is certainly true to an extent - intellectuals should look drab and boring, and only shallow, dumb people are allowed to keep up with style and delight in appearances. this is the stereotype, and stereotypes are always, atleast somewhat based on reality.

but fuck that shit. I for one am here to fight it. why can't I be interesting AND looking fucking great at the same time? no reason at all. and I refuse to subscribe to both the anti-fashion attitudes of "the underground" or "the academia", AND the anti-intellectualism found in "mainstream" culture.

further, I suspect that this is only a recent polarization, many interesting and noteworthy people of the past, authors, artists, musicians, all looked great and certainly kept up with the latest fashion of their times.

you can look as sloppy/comfortable as you like, but I won't stereotype you as "intellectual" or "interesting". on the flip, don't stereotype me as stupid or shallow for cultivating high fashion.