Clothes

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
nike + studs causes crazy cognitive dissonance

that's how i talk myself out of purchases----i think of something i have that is similar and adequate

I feel like they're made to wear with a black sabbath t-shirt or something but if you went really casual with them it would be cool.

It's getting hot out and I'm realizing the vast majority of my clothes are black or grey.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In the U.S. there are several different subspecies of guid. There's the New Jersey guid that's pretty well represented in the Sopranos. There's the upstate NY old school guidos who still wear double-breasted jackets, gold chains, big red ties, etc. There's the track suit guido, the mulleted dirty Jerz guido, the spiked hair tight diesel jeans metrosexual guido. There's the Gotti boys hip-hop guido.

Pffft, would-be suicide-bomber guido?

_44587457_andrew_ibrahim226b.jpg

You can't really see his clothes, but there's a definite possibility of pink polo-neck in that photo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8124537.stm

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
pink polo-neck

Pink polo necks are totally hot. Pink on blokes is just the best colour, all the Reebok Leather Boys wear it round my way; grey Nike sweats, powder pink polo, white reeboks. Such a great uniform - so impossible to keep clean.

zhao

there are no accidents
is pink still in? it was around 2 or 3 years ago. but too bad Germans didn't get it, i wore pink a lot around then and got a lot of looks. even friends of my friend were asking her if i was gay. i still love pink and all kinds of bright colours and wearing ties or vest or shoulder straps with it but don't do it much at all anymore... what's the point when people don't get/appreciate it. berlin is so fucking boring fashion wise. the most exciting things you'll ever see out are the electro-clash uniforms and the asymetrical hair-dos. fucking lame.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I love the way Dissensus fearlessly tackles the really Big Questions.

Lol. It's very important.

No, pink's not still in per se, but casual youth - and blokes - have preferred pastel colours for years and years, it took a while with pink but yer beer drinkin terrace goin sort of bloke in London certainly I'd wager has at least one pink shirt of some sort.

Everybody else is wearing Ed Hardy, or derivatives of. Lots of bright colours and gay hoodies still.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
posted a thread on here, not too sure if anybody saw it, but i really like to buy artist/illustrators own t-shirts, think they hold a more unique value, rather than what people tend to cop out of mainstream outlets/botiques..

also i love G-star for the record, theyre jeans are excellent :cool:

zhao

there are no accidents

well i wouldn't say that when i do dress up it's exclusively to be noticed or looked at or to get compliments, but it certainly is a part of it, no? it's much more fun in a culture which pays more attention to these things... in berlin casual seems to be the unspoken law and if you look more flamboyant people think you are either trying too hard to be cool, or belong in some yuppie zoo for corporate monkeys.

like once i went to a (kinda chi chi actually) bar with a pimp hat, and this guy actually came up to me and said i should take it off because he thought i was "trying too hard". my english friend thought it was fucking rude and totally got into it with him, in defense of my hat...

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
like once i went to a (kinda chi chi actually) bar with a pimp hat, and this guy actually came up to me and said i should take it off because he thought i was "trying too hard". my english friend thought it was fucking rude and totally got into it with him, in defense of my hat...
"trying too hard" is the worst sartorial offense
sprezzatura and wabi sabi have been my guiding principles
and i follow coco chanel's advice to look in the mirror before you leave the house and take one thing off
less is more
i'm afraid i'd have left the pimp hat at home, zhao
(don't taze me, bro!)
:p

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
and i follow coco chanel's advice to look in the mirror before you leave the house and take one thing off

What if you dress in a kinda mnml style already and are basically wearing trousers, shoes and a shirt? Do you then have to go topless, or hop about with one shoe on all day?

martin

----
Has anyone got any advice on shoes and boots? I'd be quite interested to hear recommendations. Do bear in mind I reserve the right to slag them into the ground - I thought those Jamaican patties Stelfox posted on this thread ages ago looked hideous.