Clothes

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I saw a fashion shoot recently in some weekend thing that had clothes by

http://www.tamburlaine.co.uk/

in it and they looked wicked. And then I went on the website and the styling on it is arse. I might try for a T-shirt from them though. First men's fashion thing I've liked in a while, but like I said the website doesn't do the stuff justice at all, they should shoot the stylist.

swears

preppy-kei
The opposite of flares

I saw an old video of Depeche Mode and Vince Clarke was wearing these awesome 50s style pants that have this really high waistline, a bit baggy in the thigh and then tight towards the ankles. After asking around if there's a specific name for this cut of trouser I found out that they're known as "pegtops".

Here is a lame picture I found on GIS:

S.JPG

I really want some now, since I have noticed other guys wearing the skinny suit pants and I need to up my game. Can't find them for men, so I'm just gonna buy a pair of normal guy bootcut trousers and have a tailor take them in towards the ankle. This has to be done with the greatest of care, or I'm going to look like MC Hammer.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
I saw an old video of Depeche Mode and Vince Clarke was wearing these awesome 50s style pants that have this really high waistline, a bit baggy in the thigh and then tight towards the ankles. After asking around if there's a specific name for this cut of trouser I found out that they're known as "pegtops".

Here is a lame picture I found on GIS:

S.JPG

I really want some now, since I have noticed other guys wearing the skinny suit pants and I need to up my game. Can't find them for men, so I'm just gonna buy a pair of normal guy bootcut trousers and have a tailor take them in towards the ankle. This has to be done with the greatest of care, or I'm going to look like MC Hammer.

http://www.asos.com/Men/Trousers/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=4910#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=200&sort=3

Asos might have some Hammerpants for you? Ie the ASOS Lightweight Carrot Fit Trouser (30 quid) or 300quid Tim Soar Pleated Rear Seam Trousers

swears

preppy-kei

zhao

there are no accidents
Or their web designer.

yeah what a crap site. the clothes look alright, i have more patience for the textured fabrics now than before, since i'm getting over the Diesel overdose of the early 2000s.

the crotch was too low and made you look like you'd shit yourself or something.

shat, swears, shat. and... high waist on men? :eek: you should wear them with the ankle garter belts for men from the 50s as well...

zhao

there are no accidents
remember i had the wacky idea of wearing jeans inside big boots. glad i heeded the dissensus warnings as i would have looked an amazing douche/cunt combo.

zhao

there are no accidents
danger, danger...warning, don't do it! :eek:

well, go ahead if you want, but i lived through that era and just the thought of that look today sends shivers down my spine.

you lived through the 50s??

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
speaking as someone who has worked w/ a few people who wear 'em, let me say, we all notice and we talk about it behind your back...

speaking of shoes, if i had a spare 300 bucks, i would cop these in a sec:

opening-ceremony-m2-piped-desert-boot-7-250x300.jpg

Had some purple suede shoes like that (prob still have them somewhere) that I got from NYC for about $20 - can you not get something simialr fro way less than 300?

petergunn

plywood violin
Had some purple suede shoes like that (prob still have them somewhere) that I got from NYC for about $20 - can you not get something simialr fro way less than 300?

i got these steve madden joints for 70 bucks instead:

414OCO8RXTL._SL500__SS140_.jpg

they are cool, but not quite as sexy as the Opening Ceremony ones... where'd u get purple suede shoes for 20 bucks?!?!

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
oliver-spencer-topman-2.jpg
Oliver Spencer for Topman, got myself some brown ones as I am sick of wearing trainers and don't like "real" shoes so desert boots a good compromise. 85 quid, Oliver Spencer's own ones are 240 quid and way out of my league, so a trip to Hipster Palace undertaken.

Talking of hipsters, this is just class - http://www.latfh.com/ "Look at this fucking hipster" webiste.

swears

preppy-kei
Y'know what?

LATFH can go and fuck themselves. People like to dress up when they go out. If you're not making the effort then FUCK YOU, son. Half the pictures on the site are ripped off the vice dos and don'ts or Gavin McInnes's street carnage. It's like feeding off something they're supposed to be against. Seriously sick of people who make no effort at all then rag on people that do. Yes, me and mates have the big hair and the tight jeans and spend ages on our hair or looking for 2nd hand clothes that are just right in charity shops. Otherwise we'd all be wearing combat pants and cargo shorts and slogan tees like every other twat.

It all comes down to boring anti-sensualist wankers who hate people making an effort. Fuck 'em!

swears

preppy-kei
C'mon, I remember 2000, you really want to take it back to baggy arse combat pants and t-shirts that go down to your knees? You wanna take it back to curtains? Pfffttt.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
"It all comes down to boring anti-sensualist wankers who hate people making an effort. Fuck 'em!"

You are right (after all I did get those shoes) and apologies. No offence meant though (but I still find some of those pics funny). But this should go in the bin, just like those chav-hate sites.

zhao

there are no accidents
110% agree with swears here.

on a (little bit) related note, what is this: http://unhappyhipsters.com

some of the captions are funny and i agree with the general anti-modernist sentiments, but seems to me they're not making fun of "hipsters" but just simply yuppies?

mms

sometimes
Y'know what?

LATFH can go and fuck themselves. People like to dress up when they go out. If you're not making the effort then FUCK YOU, son. Half the pictures on the site are ripped off the vice dos and don'ts or Gavin McInnes's street carnage. It's like feeding off something they're supposed to be against. Seriously sick of people who make no effort at all then rag on people that do. Yes, me and mates have the big hair and the tight jeans and spend ages on our hair or looking for 2nd hand clothes that are just right in charity shops. Otherwise we'd all be wearing combat pants and cargo shorts and slogan tees like every other twat.

It all comes down to boring anti-sensualist wankers who hate people making an effort. Fuck 'em!

hang on these are the same people that had combats slogan tshirts or jeans with big turnups and hoxton fins 12 years ago, just the uniform and the slogans have changed.
sorry to burst your bubble.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I saw a link to that site before, and it seemed to be at least 50% Vice Do's and Dont's as Swears says. And whoever writes the captions is much less amusing than the Vice guy. So I'm not sure what they are bringing to the table really, other than shityness.