Clothes

luka

ive decided i need some gold rings. sovereign ideally though im balking at the prices asked. i will hav a look in th pawn shops at some stage i suppose. i hav instructd my sister to purchase
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...0/c_3/3|cat_14417140|Men's+rings|14417151.htm
this for my birthday which is coming up. im not sure she will get it for me cos she will consider it to be excessivelysentimental but i would be thrilled to own this eexclusive and unique quality item.

luka

i also require loafers in the following colours
1)white
2)yellow
3)blue
4)pink

it is important to spcify that i will not accept the tasseled variety. uneccssary ornament is offensive to the eye.

I wear whatever what I want and I am comfortable looking stupid and that fine. I'm on m,y 30's but I still love to wear short because my heights remains like I'm always in my 20's Im aknob lol

Last edited by a moderator:

luka

misteresloan is my favourite fashion commentator. what he said about jeans, reebok classics and smart shirt is spot on. love that look. wouldnt wear it myself, class drag,but im inspired by it. its th look of my youth... well, 16, 17, 18 i guess, classics were mandatory, lots of good dressers at my college, lots of polo (ralph) shirts in nice colours, tucked in, fitted designer jeans, gold rings, east london has always been londons centre of satorial excllence.

Last edited:

luka

there was one bengali boy in particular, stick thin, tall, jeaens which for th time (99) seemed scandolously tight, tho now wouldnt raise an eyebrow, proper shoes, no socks, flash of ankle, knitwear, expensive jackets.... quite flashy, very good sillouette, london never bought into that baggy aesthetic which is to its etrnal credit...

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Luka, there's a Lo Lifes feature in the current Vice photo issue. You might be able to get a hold of one at your local hipster supplier.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
misteresloan is my favourite fashion commentator. what he said about jeans, reebok classics and smart shirt is spot on. love that look. wouldnt wear it myself, class drag,but im inspired by it. its th look of my youth... well, 16, 17, 18 i guess, classics were mandatory, lots of good dressers at my college, lots of polo (ralph) shirts in nice colours, tucked in, fitted designer jeans, gold rings, east london has always been londons centre of satorial excllence.

Thanks luka that's a really nice thing to say.

I never got mugged again after I got my first pair of classics. They're the trainers of invisibility.

I love sovereign rings but my hands are too small and I'm too much of a pussy to wear jewellery. I think that's a PGU sign as well, being able to wear Men's Jewellery well, so it looks like you were born with it on.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
speaking of stealth clothing, Mr. William Gibson writes of the "gray man", an undercover operative who dresses invisibly in a baseball cap, polo shirt, and khakis. Gibson says that whenever he sees someone dressed in the "gray man" uniform, he wonders if they are secret agents. i'd google the interview (it was in connection with "Spook Country", maybe in Wired) but you people are good at sniffing out those kinds of things.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not a good dresser. I've had the same clothes for ages. I'm too old to wear caps, but I still try to. It depresses me seeing photos of myself looking like a 15 year old when I'm 26.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
speaking of stealth clothing, Mr. William Gibson writes of the "gray man", an undercover operative who dresses invisibly in a baseball cap, polo shirt, and khakis. Gibson says that whenever he sees someone dressed in the "gray man" uniform, he wonders if they are secret agents. i'd google the interview (it was in connection with "Spook Country", maybe in Wired) but you people are good at sniffing out those kinds of things.

I spent a summer sitting outside Larkhall police station round the Springfield - I wanted to get to know all of the under cover cops in the area. I thought it was a nice idea to stealth the plain clothes. It was great seeing them go in in one disguise and then come out wearing another one. The best one was one guy who went in all No Fear baseball cap and Marks jeans and just horrible, horrible New Balance or something and he came out all Hawaiian shirt - like a George Asda Hawaiian shirt, bad colours - not a good one - and slacks and sandals with like a blowdry. He was fab.

I think I want a job styling plainclothes. That would be hot. Who does that? Do they do it themselves? I want a two way mirror so I can see them picking out the clothes they think they should wear next. It would be so hot.

Last edited: