bobby orr

petergunn

plywood violin
growing up in boston, this dude was the don... i was born after he retired, but his name was still said in hushed whispers... someone saw him in new hampshire, a teacher met him once...

about 8 years ago, my dad met him somewhere and got his autograph for me. i was fucking chuffed, as you brits say...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

nomos

Administrator
album1.jpg

i have this. the two sides of bobby orr. get it? because it's a record. it's stereo so bobby speaks in one ear while the interviewer speaks in the other. there are lots of mumbly funny bits on it. bobby was really a badman. i was a kid when the gretzky and the oilers were totally dominant but that's nothing compared to that era with orr, beliveau, the richards, hull, howe, sawchuck and all the rest. and those guys were paid very poorly at the time.

rocket richard received a state funeral just after i moved back from montreal. the whole city came to a standstill.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-41-2222-13334/sports/maurice_richard/ (there's also footage of the 'richard riot' when he was suspended in the 50s)

Last edited: