Gillian McKeith and Phony Nutritionalists

Lichen

Great

I can't think of a worse way to encourage healthy living than to suggest a diet of raw veg, mung beans, alfalfa sprouts etc,,,

AND stool sniffing

Rambler

Awanturnik
Lichen, Gabriel - you do know this is the woman who recommends eating blue-green algae because the chlorophyll it contains is a powerful oxygenator? (Despite the fact that there's not much light inside your stomach...). She's a complete fraud.

mms

sometimes
The people on her show do lose weight, though.

oh please,
i could tell people to eat better healthier food, cut down on the fast food, stodge and salt, do a bit of exercise, it would take 10 minutes rather than a full hour, i wouldn't have to examine their shit, and they wouldn't have to eat birdseed and seaweed.

Rambler

Awanturnik
I'm guessing, mms, you also probably wouldn't feel it necessary to sell unlicensed medicines, fraudulently pose as a medical doctor, bully people, or bring respectable science into disrepute at the same time...

mms

sometimes
I'm guessing, mms, you also probably wouldn't feel it necessary to sell unlicensed medicines, fraudulently pose as a medical doctor, bully people, or bring respectable science into disrepute at the same time...

no i wouldn't as everyone knows getting obsessed with fat people's poo doesn't make you a doctor.
i actually wouldn't really want to go on telly and tell people what to eat at all, although i could for the cash that gillian get's paid, there are deeper issues to this as this article points out but it doesn't get as many viewers as bulling fat people into crying and telling them they're bad people, after asking them about their toilet habits.

STN

sou'wester
I always think there's something deeply Victorian about it, specifically regarding stools as representations of (inner?) virtue. It's bonkers.

john eden

male pale and stale
There's a huge sadistic undercurrent in all these shows, isn't there? It's all very Whitehouse.

"Sit on the naughty step!", "wear these clothes!", "show me your shit!"

Do you hate:

children?
teenagers?
fat people?
people who dress funny?
people who have rubbish interior decor?

Do you wish you could go up to them in the street and make them cry all over their stupid prole faces?

Well this show is for you!

STN

sou'wester
I'm afraid I do pretty much hate teenagers, but I think they're probably getting punished enough.

martin

----
What I thought was really disgusting was that series where multi-millionaires go 'undercover' in inner cities and decide exactly who they'll dish out a stack of money to - by their own definition of who constitutes a "worthy cause". It's a shame none of them got exposed half-way through and forced to hand over the lot.

STN

sou'wester
I really shouldn't have opened this thread while I was having my lunch.

Actually, unless it was a lunch of seeds and pulses, you shouldn't have been eating it at all, you dreadful creature.

Anyone seen that programme where people beg for money? Like Dragon's Den but with 'worthy causes'?

john eden

male pale and stale
No but I did see that one where 10 people are locked up in a faux prison and have to form an consensus about who gets a million quid, except it starts ticking down from the moment they go in.

And don't get me started on the rape-a-thon presided over by Jeffrey Archer, the Chief Executive of Ann Summers, that girl of brookie and the footballer at the moment.

Seriously, is all this stuff actually commissioned by Peter Sotos or something?

gabriel

The Heatwave
And don't get me started on the rape-a-thon presided over by Jeffrey Archer, the Chief Executive of Ann Summers, that girl of brookie and the footballer at the moment.

ooh, i DO want to get you started now. watched a bit of the first part of that on sunday buy had to turn over cos it was a bit much really. the whole thing seemed a bit silly given that the accused/accuser/witnesses were all acting, which surely defeats the whole point?

sorry mms don't want to start derailing - perhaps we should start a new one?

mms

sometimes
No but I did see that one where 10 people are locked up in a faux prison and have to form an consensus about who gets a million quid, except it starts ticking down from the moment they go in.

Seriously, is all this stuff actually commissioned by Peter Sotos or something?

well i do find myself phrasing some of the activities and suggestions of these kind of programmes, in the style of whitehouse as an imitation, esp one i saw the other day, some itn thing with a man bullying a teenage boy and her pregnant boyfriend. Setting up the most conflict and emotive situation possible in front of a live television audience, bullying the fuck out of all the people involved, seeking calm, with the help of a large man, then saying ' i'm trying to help you settle your differences , etc' just vile.

Lichen

I heard once, and of course it may not be true that:

a - she is a hunchback (not her fault, of course)

and

b - she smokes

now imagine a chainsmoking hunchback gawping at people's shit, then sniffing it

and this passes for entertainment?