Where should I eat in London?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Terrible place, food tasted like cat. Service dreadful. Vodka expensive, again a taste of cat. Do not go unless you like cat."

I want to know how the reviewer knows what cat tastes like. Took the phrase 'eating pussy' a bit too literally..? :eek:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Spuntino

http://www.spuntino.co.uk/

It's been gettin reviews and we popped in for the Doc's birthday 3.30 this afternoon, good time we thought cos there's queues in the evenings and no booking. Nice little part of Montreal/east Village/Shoreditch-but-not-too-much (at least when we were there) in Soho, Italian type tapas. I liked the fact that you could pop in for their signature dish - truffled egg toast (unreal, watch the Michelin star come) - and have a beer and it'd cost a tenner for two, sharing the toast. I really liked it. Good crab, good macaroni cheese, nettle pesto type thing-and-some-cheese-thing on toast, the French sausage and lentil wasn't that good though but hey. Little stuff but not what you'd do at home, good vibe, nice people, fashionable, which Soho hasn't been for a while I felt. It was really nice. Just don't go in the evenings.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Does anyone have the technical skills to put all the restaurants recommended on a map - if I knew how to do it, I would. Getting unfeasible to look back through all the recommendations.....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=203171734466548467562.0004a3275a678b25e12c6

I think this should do it, I've set it to 'Open Collaboration', so hopefully anyone who has this link can make changes. I've stuck the last couple of pages worth of recs on to get the ball rolling. If it doesn't seem to work let me know.

Edit: I think you need a Google account, and you click 'save to my maps' to get going. Once you've done that you can just search for places and when they come up 'save to map' should be an option in the bubble that comes up. Choose the Dissensus map and voila.
If you want to add a little comment as well after you've added it, select 'my maps', then this one, then click the edit button.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=203171734466548467562.0004a3275a678b25e12c6

I think this should do it, I've set it to 'Open Collaboration', so hopefully anyone who has this link can make changes. I've stuck the last couple of pages worth of recs on to get the ball rolling. If it doesn't seem to work let me know.

This is the coolest home-made ap I've seen since the Google Earth plug-in that shows fields where magic mushrooms grow. Nice one! :) I'll add the Seven Stars and this amazing cafe/mezze bar in Harringay I just remembered, if I can find out what it's called...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Edit: I think you need a Google account, and you click 'save to my maps' to get going. Once you've done that you can just search for places and when they come up 'save to map' should be an option in the bubble that comes up. Choose the Dissensus map and voila.
If you want to add a little comment as well after you've added it, select 'my maps', then this one, then click the edit button.

bloody hell, legend! :cool:

hucks

Your Message Here
That is brilliant.

I shall throw in Mangal on Arcola St as the best of the Turkish grills in Dalston.

Edit: Done! Cheers Mr Haiku!

Last edited:

luka

if i managed to work out how to use it i would have put in a couple high st north e6 places but it was beyond me. plus that sweet little thai place in leytonstone

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Glad it's working for everyone, now I've just to go and check some more of these places out!

if i managed to work out how to use it i would have put in a couple high st north e6 places but it was beyond me. plus that sweet little thai place in leytonstone

Just post them up in this thread Luka and I'll add them to the map.

haji

lala
wow!
4linehaiku
gets the blooming dissensus
medal of honour

images
images
images
images
images

jenks

thread death
This is the first place I thought of when told by a bunch of mates that we're meeting at Condor on Grays Inn Road, havinga pint at teh Yorkshire Grey and that I had been detailed to find somewhere to eat. We usually end up at the Lahore, My Old Place or Needos.
Anyone got any recs for somewhere in the vicinty? Had a look on the map and there's nothing nearby.

luka

id b grateful if somone could add taste of india to the map. its on high st north which is regarded as the best spot for south indian food in london.
http://www.restauranttasteofindia.co.uk/
i did mention it on the thread its not like im just saying it now. im sur thai garden on globe street in bethnal deserves a mention too. not sure how 'thai' it is but i do know its vry good food.

luka

again its something that has been mentioned here before. probably wanna put a couple drummond st places on there too cos they are so accessble whereas east ham is not somewhre most of you would go unless like me you lived in newham.

haji

lala
there's one excellent place in east ham/f gate area that i can't remember the name of - on the high st, green decor with lots of plastic flowers (i think, & maybe some himalaya type pictures?) and lots of samosas and other fried items sizzling in a big pans outside the front.... which is that??? tell me luka........