Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Getting a decent data connection at SXSW can be a challenge, given that it attracts what may be the most data-hungry crowd in the world. With a project called Homeless Hotspots, a marketing company is helping out with this, while helping the homeless and promoting itself. Homeless people have been enlisted to roam the streets wearing T-shirts that say “I am a 4G hotspot.” Passersby can pay what they wish to get online via the 4G-to-Wi-Fi device that the person is carrying.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
bloody hell, we really are in the future now

Last week I had dinner in a dim sum restaurant and the waiter showed us what was on offer using an iPad. I was half-expecting this weird guy in a trench coat and fedora to turn up, say something to the waiter and for the waiter to go "He say, you BRADERUNNER!".

Sadly this didn't happen. The dim sum was quite good though.

you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17303746

running man next no doubt....

Yeah, things are so blade runner though, watching the rubber clad tendrils writhe along the sides of the carriage, everyone in the carriage is glued to an ipad or kindle, high top sneakers are back and hackers are out-running legislation.....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Dystopian response to the story of the guy who quite Goldman Sachs:

"In my opinion Smith sounds like a guy who is simply burned out and exhausted and was looking for an excuse to leave GS without admitting any personal weaknesses.

Having said that, GS is an appalling firm. A few years back they conspired with hedge fund guru John Paulson to sell crooked mortgage securities to clients when they knew these securities wered doomed to fail. They were complicit during the dot-com boom of hyping internet stocks when they had a vested interest in these stocks rising in value.

Furthermore, when oil spiked back in 2008 it was largely because their analysts came out with report after report justifying the high price of oil - without mentioning that GS was investing in oil.

Unfortunately, GS is too powerful for any politician to take on. This is not necessarily a bad thing for me. I'm a long term GS stockholder. I'm making a lot of money off their shenanigans."

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Last week I had dinner in a dim sum restaurant and the waiter showed us what was on offer using an iPad.

yeah was in dubai in jan and a lot of restaurants around the marina were doing this. everything there feels artificial so it really did feel like the future. big plastic smiles on the asian waitresses. pretty creepy stuff

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
yeah was in dubai in jan and a lot of restaurants around the marina were doing this. everything there feels artificial so it really did feel like the future. big plastic smiles on the asian waitresses. pretty creepy stuff

Sounds like it would make Ballard spluff in his pants.

Leo

doritos 6-story high vending machine at sxsw
http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2012/03/15/Doritos-Jacked-SXSW-031512.aspx

According to PepsiCo, "The giant quarters will be placed throughout the city of Austin and can be earned through engaging via social media channels, such as checking in at The JACKED Stage by Doritos via Foursquare, by tweeting with the #DoritosJACKED hashtag and posting an Instagram photo and/or Doritos JACKED status update on Facebook."

shoot me in the head.

jenks

thread death
Formula 1 adverts, Formula 1 fans, Formula 1 races, Formula 1 wall to wall coverage, Formula 1 branding/merchandise/jargon/petrolhead bullshit.

zhao

there are no accidents
this really should be in the LOL chuckle thread but since all the other Invisible Children shit is in here i present to you:

VISIBLE MASTURBATER

i guess he was celebrating having made something like 5 million USD from KONY2012.

watch the video. it's only a clip but you get the idea that it was just as epic as their awesome super motivating dance video:

you

just curious: is it the show or its cancellation that is doing your head in?

i basically think this would make good television. only of course wish political and other types of inmates are included.

running man next summer - i cant wait