IdleRich

IdleRich
Damn, flat got fucking broken into last night. We were all asleep in bed seems they forced open the window, climbed in and nicked my flatmate's laptop, his fags and his cycling shoes. So far looks as though I got away unscathed which is good I guess but makes me feel a bit guilty.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Damn, flat got fucking broken into last night. We were all asleep in bed seems they forced open the window, climbed in and nicked my flatmate's laptop, his fags and his cycling shoes. So far looks as though I got away unscathed which is good I guess but makes me feel a bit guilty.

Aw shit, sorry to hear that. Well, even sorrier for Al, I guess. Fuck. I hope it wasn't a whole packet of fags...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This job I'm applying for at the moment. It's at a London borough council and they have this very detailed 'person specification' thing to tell you all the skills and aptitudes they're looking for in a candidate. Under "Behaviours - Leadership Cluster" ('behaviours' come in clusters, y'see) it says:

Develops and communicates an inspiring, compelling vision that generates commitment, enthusiasm and a common sense of purpose

Wow. It sounds like I'm applying for the position of Chief Poet-cum-Demagogue to a 19th century romantic-nationalist popular movement in a small Central European republic. :rolleyes:

Edit: and while I'm here, since when has Bombay mix had fucking sultanas in it? Gah.

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
"Can i get...a filter coffee/a pint of beer/etc"

by all means, get it yourself...?!?!

also, i just heard someone doing that 'i am cornholio' beavis butthead thinnnnnngggg* jeeeez that's pretty damn annoying...

STN

sou'wester
i agree: 'can i get a skinny latte', no you can't you're not in Friends you're in shitty old england, now piss off.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
Bob Dylan's stupid fucking speaking voice. He sounds such a dick.
he is. ever see "don't look back"?
i just want to reach through the screen and throttle him
not a people person by any stretch

i will admit to have been listening to his born-again christian era record "long train coming" (and enjoying it) only yesterday

i will also admit to walking out of the only live concert of his that i ever attended

STN

sou'wester
well at least that serves a purpose. I've no doubt he thinks he sounds like some laconic washed-out hobo when he talks but he actually just sounds like Mr Burns.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

If that happened, my roommate would probably suspect that I had something to do with the robbery, even if he was too nice to admit it.

P.S. Bob Dylan is the most annoying person who ever walked the face of the earth.

swears

preppy-kei
All this MP expenses hoo-haa, 'course politicians are on the make! Nobody's going to give a toss about this in a month's time.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wish someone would hurry up and catch botulism from the shitty takeaway at the top of our road so the FSA can shut it down: I'm sure it's only a matter of time. It fucking stinks and it means there's a constant carpet of litter everywhere - there's practically an entire meal strewn across the road right outside my house. Why are so many people such worthless retards? Gah.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
People who talk too loud

2 years ago 1 hour after getting off the plane in Berlin eating out with some (German) friends, who at one point said something like "you might have to get used to Germans not being the warmest of people" and i started saying "oh on the contrary all the Germans i've ever met have been really friendly and nice and in fact..." at this point i was cut off by the people sitting at the next table: "can you please talk a little bit quieter please. your voice is really loud and annoying."

:D

luka

"can you please talk a little bit quieter please. your voice is really loud and annoying."

hahah thats raw! to be honest, and i know it sounds a bit bad but, i've had too many meals ruined by being seated near americans. they do seem to want the whole world to overhear their conversations. too mindlessly extroverted or something. i might have to try that technique next time.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
hahah thats raw! to be honest, and i know it sounds a bit bad but, i've had too many meals ruined by being seated near americans. they do seem to want the whole world to overhear their conversations. too mindlessly extroverted or something. i might have to try that technique next time.

See also: people in public places - esp. transport, where you can't escape - who insist on using the mobile in speakerphone mode. The ultimate in boneheaded egotism.