STN

sou'wester
I think some people are taught to at typing school. You can do a find and replace to remove them fairly easilt...

viktorvaughn

I think some people are taught to at typing school. You can do a find and replace to remove them fairly easilt...

I think it stems from type writers - you had to do two spaces to make the lines easily distinguishable. But a comp automatically makes the space longer so there is no need.

zhao

there are no accidents
the questions people ask you when you hand them a flyer.

"what kinda music?"
"where is it?"
"what day?"
"how much is door?"

what the fuck do you think is on the piece of printed paper i just fucking gave you you stupid cunt???

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
When I tell people my name on the phone, and they say it two seconds later with completely the wrong pronunciation.

....I mean, 'baboon' is quite a common word, no?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I get this all the time because of my English accent. I'll say my name and it usually goes something like this:

"Joel?"
"Shaun"
"Shone?"
"Shaun"
"John?"
"Yes, John."

Whenever it occurs it gives any friends that might be with me far too much enjoyment as well. Shone isn't even a name.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yes, I can imagine in North America with an English accent you'd be doomed with anything but the most phonetically obvious name. Might as well call yourself 'Mr Cunt' - they'd get it right at least.

Edit: I still laugh at that joke in Hotel Paradiso where customers keep on calling Rik Mayall "Mr Twat". Sometimes the simplest humour is the best.

Edit 2: Coming back from Benicassim festival on Monday, lots of the cars were red with dust because of the widnstorm over the weekeend. Cue excellent graffiti opportunities. Some had simply written "Cunt", in timeless fashion. One, however, had immortally daubed "COCK PISS PARTRIDGE" on one car.

And yes, brilliantly someone else had answered it on another car with "COOK PASS PARTRIDGE".

These are the people who deserve MBEs.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Surreal compound swearing FTW: http://www2.b3ta.com/buffyswear/ (try the X and Z keys)

And three cheers for demented and/or scatological graffiti...

telus-graffiti.jpg

joey02_web.jpg

swears

preppy-kei
Torchwood. At first, the naff CGI, the script that seems like it was written by a 12 year old, the beyond hammy acting and the general air of slapdash gormlessness made it funny to take the piss out of for 5 minutes before turning over. But now it's just depressing to think millions of people actually enjoy this tripe. That thing with the kids being controlled by aliens... what were they trying to do, make us wince ourselves to death with embarrassment before taking over the world?

BareBones

wheezy
Family Guy is a fucking abomination. The worst kind of pointless ooh-shocking desperately try-hard comedy there is. I can't help but imagine that the writers are these painfully unfunny "cool nerds" who high-five each other and say "whoa, totally RANDOM, dude!!" every time they come up with another joke about abortions or whatever. even kevin bishop is funnier than family guy.

did you ever see that episode of south park (when it was still funny) which was a massive pisstake of family guy, and it turned out that the writers were actually a bunch of manatees who selected (at random, obviously) different coloured balls corresponding to a scenario/place, an action/activity, and a character/celebrity, and that was how they came up with the stories? it was brilliant.