BareBones

wheezy
he's 23 but could quite easily be 16 what with his baggy hoody/baggy jeans/wraparound shades combo and thinking it's the height of coolness to talk about weed all the time.

STN

sou'wester
so he is from the 90s.

Can we cruelly try to guess where his hometown is? My two guesses:

Poole, Dorset
a suburb of Leicester.

STN

sou'wester
what are his views on hauntology and the hardcore continuum?

He sounds sort of like his heart is in the right place, but his brain and mouth aren't.

zhao

there are no accidents
not nearly as immediately satisfying or fun in the short term compared to above suggestions, my opinion is that the only solution which might yield positive results in the future, is patience, and education through example.

he doesn't seem to have ill intentions: you are merely dealing with a child.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
hahaha oh dear. I feel a bit bad for the guy to be honest, but if I was living with him I would doubtless be raging. He does sound a lot like me and most of my friends aged 16, though to be fair I don't think any of us owned a bucket hat. Maybe he'll grow out of it.

grizzleb

hahaha oh dear. I feel a bit bad for the guy to be honest, but if I was living with him I would doubtless be raging. He does sound a lot like me and most of my friends aged 16, though to be fair I don't think any of us owned a bucket hat. Maybe he'll grow out of it.
Yeah, the weed thing is just immaturity. I'm pretty sure everyone who smokes or has smoked weed used to talk about it. The scratching thing sounds like maybe he's trying to do it for a toungue in cheek sort of thing. Sometimes I do a trumpet mime thing if there's a tune with a trumpet that I'm really feeling, but it's usually only when I'm alone. Give it time, how long is his lease? You'll need to put up with him for a while, maybe the hate will dissapate

STN

sou'wester
nonsense. A sax with theatrically wigging finger movents, eyes rapturously closed, face a mask of serious musicianship, back bent.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Quiffs are simple :

Beautiful :

Ugly and should be shot:

I'm generally not one to go on about fucking hipsters, but those people in the second photo are completely punchable. They don't look the least bit cool. Their outfits suck and make no aesthetic sense. Ugh, gross.

Elvis, on the other hand, is gorgeous. Well, young Elvis before the peanut butter and bacon sandwiches and barbiturates was. He must be one of the 10 hottest men who ever lived.

swears

preppy-kei
Yeah, the second guy in the plaid jacket is being pushed as a TV presenter over here because he's mates with a model who is boring as well. He has no personality and does a show with Alexa Chung, who is aslo rather tedious but at least looks great and is a style icon to impressionable young girls.

Anyways.. on the subject of quiffs, I went to my regular barbers today and the 60 year old guy who usually sorts me out was off, so it was a young girl really confused by the concept of "shaved at the sides and long on top" so an older hairdresser had to come over. I had to talk the two of them through my style over 45 minutes, but it was the best haircut I ever had. I think they're used to shiity emo/indie long hair or scally guys getting it shaved all over. Anything else and it's some sort of huge challenge.

BareBones

wheezy
Sorry to keep going on about it, but god, it's getting worse. This weekend he was wearing a black and white pinstripe trilby / sleeveless No Fear t-shirt combo, he actually referred to his decks (without any irony) as his "wheels of steel", and he called his brother's pregnant girlfriend his "bro's baby-mama". I'm not sure how much more of this i can take.

luka

whoever says the word douche or douche bag in my hearing range will get stabbed in the face.
firm but fair.

massrock

Sorry to keep going on about it, but god, it's getting worse. This weekend he was wearing a black and white pinstripe trilby / sleeveless No Fear t-shirt combo, he actually referred to his decks (without any irony) as his "wheels of steel", and he called his brother's pregnant girlfriend his "bro's baby-mama". I'm not sure how much more of this i can take.
Are you quite sure you and your housemates are not being set up in some kind of elaborate Ali G type 'sting'?

Mind you I did encounter a few people like this in student days so, yeah...