bobbin

What
why the fuck does everything have to have an I in front of it?

on which note, kfc recently launching a kind of wrap called the iTwist.

We need to start up a 4 day week pressure group, Tea. Change you can believe in.

i've been saying this for years. except i agree more with the person who said three. even more civilised. although having said that, a 37.5 hour week or whatever might not be too bad as long as it didn't involve going to the same fucking place and having the same weird unhealthily confined and repetetive interactions with the same people five days a week.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, companies should have more people working from home. Would decrease congestion, fuel expenditure etc people would be more alert 'cause they wouldn't have to spend an hour in rush hour getting there. So many advantages for people in the vast number of jobs that can be done from home.

BareBones

wheezy
oh no, it still haunts us, renaults new car the imusic...

why the fuck does everything have to have an I in front of it?

iTwist.jpg

FINALLY! A PORTABLE CHICKEN WRAP!

edit: bobbin beat me to it

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
the very tiny, but becomes GIANT in practice, design flaw in the pen of my wacom tablet: the FUCKING point is a little bit loose in the body, so that every other time it double clicks instead of clicks. this happens probably several hundred times a day.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

bobbin

What
iTwist.jpg

FINALLY! A PORTABLE CHICKEN WRAP!

edit: bobbin beat me to it

ah but you were good enough to find an appetising image. guess we know who occasionally goes kf now.

probably been done (can't be arsed to look) but the x-factor etc.

in a way i like the planting of the idea that established recording artists are not necessarily special. but it annoys me that they proceed to a dishonest implication, one to the effect that there are more talented people than you might otherwise have thought -- and indeed that you might even be one.

they should stop pretending that any of their contestants are especially gifted (they are all quotidian and amateurish, including the winners) and just admit that they will make one of them at least a modest commercial success purely because they can. it should be an opportunity to highlight the contradictions between meritocracy and capital in the production of entertainment, rather than to obfuscate them. in addition, the panel judges should include french post-marxist theorists such as jaques attali. until this happens, the whole procedure will pointlessly do my head in.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
The recorded announcement that they keep playing at stations now - "Please note that it is illegal to ride bikes or skateboards or to use rollerblades in this station. It could be dangerous, and IS illegal."

Firstly, it's really stupidly phrased and uses the fact that it's illegal to justify the fact that it's illegal.
Secondly, the regularity with which they play it reinforces the immense jobsworthiness that railway staff are (perhaps unjustly) associated with, and incites a low level of background irritation.

The only upside is that presumably street luges, traditional rollerskates, spacehoppers and pogo sticks are just fine.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
The recorded announcement that they keep playing at stations now - "Please note that it is illegal to ride bikes or skateboards or to use rollerblades in this station. It could be dangerous, and IS illegal."

Firstly, it's really stupidly phrased and uses the fact that it's illegal to justify the fact that it's illegal.
Secondly, the regularity with which they play it reinforces the immense jobsworthiness that railway staff are (perhaps unjustly) associated with, and incites a low level of background irritation.

The only upside is that presumably street luges, traditional rollerskates, spacehoppers and pogo sticks are just fine.

Reminds me of the train stations in Melbourne or Sydney (can't remember exactly) when I last visited a few years ago - constant loudspeaker messages announcing an instant $500 fine for anyone caught littering, then, announcing that the station was, in-fact, rubbish free and as such there would be NO rubbish bins provided and that people should take their trash with them.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ugh, that's so shit...I mean, I hate litter, but when there's no bins, what else is going to happen?

At least some tube stations in London now have bins that are just a see-through bag, thus presumably foiling whatever hypothetical old-skool Fawkesian terrorist we suspect might leave a nice visible dynamite-and-alarm-clock bomb.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

Still not as bad as the 'begging is illegal.do not encourage them' fascism, and playing classical music at tube stations to discourage homeless people from being there (allegedly).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I thought the classical music was to discourage da yoof from hanging around? I quite like it, it makes a change from the soul-sappingly anodyne chart pop/indie/r'n'b that makes up most unsolicited public-place music.

Talking of shit music, It Does My Head In when I go to a venue I used to enjoy (Bethnal Green WMC) for the first time in ages, and leave at midnight having paid seven quid on the door because the music is just so utterly, unforgiveably lame. The 'highlight' of the night was half-a-dozen white hipsters on stage performing "hilarious" "ironic" "comedy" dancehall to a fairly hipsterish and entirely white audience - now I'm not a huge fan of dancehall anyway but this was just excruciating, I can only imagine what it would have been like for someone who really likes dancehall. Another live 'act' was basically just people pissing about on stage, and the music being played the rest of the time sounded like someone without very good taste had just plugged in their MP3 player and set it to random. Which, given the absence of a visible DJ, could well have been the case for all I know.

Now I appreciate that ironic kitch can have its place, but to make that work you've got to make an effort otherwise it's just totally shambolic. Bollocks to self-consciously 'naff' or 'cheesy' nights, that may be all very well for shitfaced hens and freshers on their first night out in London but next time I go clubbing it'll be to somewhere with proper DJs playing proper music, not some irony-drenched hispter shitfest. Sorry BGWMC, but you've brought this on yourselves.

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I expect that this has already been said, but people who flick around radio channels every time something comes on that they don't like. Particularly in the car, or another situation where you basically want something on in the background. Pick a station that doesn't annoy you much and stick with it. If they play a tune you don't like, lump it for four minutes and wait for the next one. If they keep playing tunes you don't like, pick another station and stick with that. DON'T put on one station, listen to a tune, decide that you don't like the next tune, skip around five more stations, flick back to the first station (tune is still playing) flick around a bit more, finally settle on another station, listen to a tune, get annoyed with the DJ, flick around some more, repeat...

grizzleb

Spending 100 quid I don't have on drugs because I'm drunk and a retard and then losing my phone. The shame is ripping out of me this monday afternoon.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sell the drugs (assuming you still have any left) to someone even drunker than you were the other night?

grizzleb

Sell the drugs (assuming you still have any left) to someone even drunker than you were the other night?
Yeah I think this is the best way.
I really really love sobriety, it's just a pity I only remember this after I end up getting fucked up. At least it's a rare enough event not to be an actual problem, more an infrequent excuse for self-loathing. Back to work I think.