Box of Dub/Skreamizm 3/DA 5?

viktorvaughn

Yeah it was done on 1210s.

That's just his fast paced ravey style. Despite the fact that some of the tunes he plays are boring exercises in bass-fetishism he is a fantastic DJ to watch and generally rips up the dance.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Box Of Dub seems to be a part of a current trend for concept-compilation albums in the dubstep realm (can you think of anything worse?). I hear Ammunition were thinking about some sort of "live" dubstep album, which seems somewhat pointless. Why bother forcing musicians to perform live when they do it much better in their bedrooms? Also, I think the Rinse FM label have just released on promo something which describes itself as a "live studio mix", whatever that means.

However, BOD has got some really strong bits on it I think, and patchy brilliance is surely better than uniform adequacy. Dubstep Allstars 5 was pretty crap. Whoever likened it to a slow motion Andy C set is spot on.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Got a copy of Rinse 01 recently, mixed by Genius, and that's absolutely fabulous. Reminds me of an old school jungle set in a really positive way, in that when the beats settle into a groove, an MC comes on top to ruff things up. Some of the segues are pretty brutal.