Speechless

zhao

there are no accidents
it doesn't cover the mistakes that i used to make at the office:

- telling people their taste in music sucks

- regularly starting controversial political debates

- openly announce that i look forward to getting high during lunch

- boasting that even with 3 hours of sleep the night before i still do a killer job in half the time

- regularly take naps either leaning back or face down on the desk

etc.

zhao

there are no accidents
oh and once started reading a book during a company wide meeting. (which did get me fired that time) :D

Lichen

Lickable

The question is: what was Martin searching for that led him to this fantastic article?

What kind of fucked-up spelling of "likeable" is "likable" anyway?

john eden

male pale and stale
bio_careerist_200704131813.png

Unfortunately she doesn't have a very likeable face.

Genius writing, though!

It would be great if she followed it up with a "physical characteristics which will guarantee success" and included stuff like being tall, whiteness, etc.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It would be great if she followed it up with a "physical characteristics which will guarantee success" and included stuff like being tall, whiteness, etc.

As a card-carrying lanky, pasty gringo, WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE BY NOW??? :(

john eden

male pale and stale
As a card-carrying lanky, pasty gringo, WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE BY NOW??? :(

I think it's important to look on the positive side - on a purely statistical level you are probably better off financially than you would be if you were a black woman of restricted height.

Plus you and me both know it's because you spend too much time arsing about on the internet when you should be finding proles to exploit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Plus you and me both know it's because you spend too much time arsing about on the internet when you should be finding proles to exploit.

I have the uncomfortable feeling I've just been very accurately psycho-analised...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think it's important to look on the positive side - on a purely statistical level you are probably better off financially than you would be if you were a black woman of restricted height.

Actually, this is an interesting point - I'm skint at the moment because I'm doing a physics PhD (having run out of funding last year :eek:) so I'd be better off (at the moment) if I were doing pretty much any kind of job. I don't think I've ever met a black, female physicist, as it happens.

john eden

male pale and stale
Actually, this is an interesting point - I'm skint at the moment because I'm doing a physics PhD (having run out of funding last year :eek:) so I'd be better off (at the moment) if I were doing pretty much any kind of job. I don't think I've ever met a black, female physicist, as it happens.

You might have more income, but we'd need to look into other factors like where you live, what capital you have, dependents you have, etc to determine your "wealth".

Also your "cultural capital", I think the expression is - what sort of jobs does your education give you access to? How good are you at dealing with bureaucrats if you have to claim benefits?

dHarry

this is even better, from a "manager at a Fortune 500 company":

Let's remember that we live in a competitive world, and that to behave otherwise can be dangerous. So I try not to look at my workers as people I might pass on the street, but rather as promising creatures with fantastic potential that need to be guided, punished, and rewarded so that they do their job well, like dogs pulling a sled or mules carrying furniture. I have a "just get it done" philosophy which nicely eclipses any feelings of sympathy or guilt that might arise as a result of treating my workers harshly; it's a great device that muffles concerns of individual morality, as well as serving nicely to 1) complete my assigned task for my masters, and 2) earn a greater reward (money! ;). Lastly, let's remember what Jesus said: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Truthfully, I've actually learned to take pride in being treated like a pack animal, so I honestly don't see why those below me can't do the same.

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/companyknow/33873

john eden

male pale and stale
That is also total quality - I'm going to have to start reading all this stuff instead of worthy anarchist criticisms of capitalism - this is better AND funnier.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
this is even better, from a "manager at a Fortune 500 company":

Let's remember that we live in a competitive world, and that to behave otherwise can be dangerous. So I try not to look at my workers as people I might pass on the street...

061121_simpsons_vmed.widec.jpg