crappest date you've ever been on

STN

sou'wester
I quite enjoyed all the 'crappest' threads a while back, so: what's the crappest date you've ever been on, and why was it so shite?

swears

preppy-kei
Went to see Spiderman 2 with a girl who was never interested in me in the first place. I met her on a night out and went on a few awkward dates, this was the worst, totally cold with me, annoyed by everything I did, we sat through the (awful) film with out even looking at each other. Never called her again, and she never called me. Shame, 'cause the night we met we got on really well.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
two years ago, i took my girlfriend of the time to a converge gig. probably should have thought that one through :mad:

in my defence, our date had actually been a lovely romantic afternoon on the south bank - i kept on telling her i'd meet her after the gig but she insisted on coming! needless to say she didn't enjoy it one bit, and holds it against me to this day. would have been better off touting my ticket and going home instead.

STN

sou'wester
Mine began with being barred from a pub, then my date punched me in the face in front of a row of traffic. Then I got arrested. Not my finest hours.

martin

----
When I was 15, I asked out the most terminally shy Guns n Roses fan in Luton. I thought it was going to be ace having a rock n roll girlfriend, but our one and only date was depressing, we were obviously underage so I had to take her to an Irish social club my parents occasionally went to - at 5PM - because I knew the bar staff wouldn't throw me out. I tried to defuse the weird silences by taking the piss out of the old blokes at the bar, but she just seemed to get more uncomfortable and couldn't stop blushing, and her voice went really squeaky. I had a half of cider, she had a coke, then an hour later I made up some shit lie about having to go home, and we never saw each other again. Apparently she's a successful entrepreneur now.

Apart from that, taking a Norwegian girl to a Millwall match in my 20s was, er, 'fun'.

STN

sou'wester
At 15 I WAS the most terminally shy Guns n Roses fan in Twickenham, I don't imagine you'd have had much fun on a date with me, either.

John Doe

At 15 I WAS the most terminally shy Guns n Roses fan in Twickenham, I don't imagine you'd have had much fun on a date with me, either.

Oh I dunno - maybe he'd have made like your other date and punched you in the face?

And how does the 'most terminally shy Guns n Roses fan in Twickenham' get barred from a pub anyway? Were you too shy to go the bar and order a drink?