monoton vinyl on ebay ends in 30mins

mms

sometimes
if its the monotonprodukt 07 it's really good really really good, it looks like it from the design.
his stuff is good anyway though.

he's not really clear which one it is though. lets face it £12 isn't alot to pay for a record too.

bunnnnnn

nah, it's not monotonprodukt 07 (that's from 1982 and it's a double album with a black cover - similar design though). good find for £12 - just caught this thread a moment too late to get in there with a last minute bid!

mms

sometimes
nah, it's not monotonprodukt 07 (that's from 1982 and it's a double album with a black cover - similar design though). good find for £12 - just caught this thread a moment too late to get in there with a last minute bid!

Sure , what is it though?

bunnnnnn

good question! i saw a similar item to this while scouring gemm a few months back - untitled monoton record from 1989. i'd guess it'll be somewhere between the minimal / abstract earlier stuff and the more technoid stuff he did on r&s a couple of years later. i've heard a painfully short compilation track from 1988 which is like ultra-minimal dub-ebm (for want of a better description) and is great, so i'd think this would be pretty interesting stuff. hard to find a comprehensive discography for konrad becker - i'm sure there's only a fraction of his stuff on discogs.com

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
produkt 07 is obviously one of greatest things ever. still this would have been at least £17 with postage and there was already a bid on there. i haven't heard any of becker's later stuff so have no idea if it's anywhere near as sublime - getting involved with those dodgy trance / techno types might have had a detrimental effect. i asked the seller about it but he didn't have much to say and didn't get round to providing clips.

probably should have gone for it. :(

Last edited:

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
According to Eric at Oral it's the third (and last) Monoton album. He says it's OK but not as essential as the earlier LPs and EP. Some good tracks and some with beats. Heh.