favourite thread derailments on dissensus!

S

simon silverdollar

It's mad at the moment isn't it?!
i swear it never used to be like this (back when i was a lad, it was all fields round this corner of t'internet etc...) but now where threads end up is so spectacularly different to how they started. its like some hi tech version of chinese whispers.

i quite like it. veering wildly off topic makes for entertaining reading.

so, what's yr favourite derailment?

for me, it's the bernard manning thread turning into a discussion about IVF.

(obviosuly, feel free to de-rail this thread...)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not really a personsal favourite but most popular seems to be the war in Iraq which draws all politics and thought threads like a tractor beam.

S

simon silverdollar

it was quite fun when the Trim thread went all 'Trisha' (as Logan put it) too.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Not really a personsal favourite but most popular seems to be the war in Iraq which draws all politics and thought threads like a tractor beam.
Except the 'moral high ground' thread, which started on Guardian hypocracy, and then did some sort of gravitational slingshot through the iraq war and is currently a surprisingly calm and polite discussion of the thinking behind free market economics.

crackerjack

Except the 'moral high ground' thread, which started on Guardian hypocracy, and then did some sort of gravitational slingshot through the iraq war and is currently a surprisingly calm and polite discussion of the thinking behind free market economics.

The many faces of Vimothy!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyway, let's get back to those Americans who Vimothy insists attacked Iraq purely due to fear and stupidity.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I like the thread called 'Why Dissensus' which is now talking about powerpoint presentations, it seems curiously apt.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the Bernard Manning thread could be brought full cirle quite nicely with a discussion of the use of cloning techniques and IVF to create an army of Mannings...

zhao

there are no accidents
in another couple of pages i'll start another about "isn't it strange that threads about derailment tend to stay focused?"

hucks

Your Message Here
I would like to nominate the thread that started off being about Lily Allen performing with The Specials, and is now about whether highlights make men look gay.

N

nomadologist

Americans didn't attack Iraq, fucking Bush did. For the record.

bruno

est malade
yes, nomadologist, yes.

Bunny.gif