Appealing parking fines

tom pr

Has anyone had any experience or success with this before?

I had my car towed away this morning from Highgate West Hill, on a road where you needed a resident parking permit between ten and twelve. This isn't marked on the road (or if it was, it had to have been small enough to be obscured by another car - where I parked it was just painted like a regular parking bay), and the only sign on the road that seems to indicate needing a parking permit is tucked away behind a tree. I've taken photos of this from a variety of angles and apparently I can appeal once I've paid the fine.

I reckon I've got a decent case, as I've heard stories about people getting off bus lane fines and that because the sign's obscured by a tree. Does anyone have any previous experience or advice for how I should approach the appeal?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This could open the floodgates to motorists taking small potted trees with them wherever they go, so they can park where they want and put the tree in front of the sign, hence obscuring it...

crackerjack

Has anyone had any experience or success with this before?

I had my car towed away this morning from Highgate West Hill, on a road where you needed a resident parking permit between ten and twelve. This isn't marked on the road (or if it was, it had to have been small enough to be obscured by another car - where I parked it was just painted like a regular parking bay), and the only sign on the road that seems to indicate needing a parking permit is tucked away behind a tree. I've taken photos of this from a variety of angles and apparently I can appeal once I've paid the fine.

I reckon I've got a decent case, as I've heard stories about people getting off bus lane fines and that because the sign's obscured by a tree. Does anyone have any previous experience or advice for how I should approach the appeal?

Good luck! I've had a couple overturned - but that was because my car had been nicked and already reported stolen. even then I got the impression they considered it a close-run thing.

tom pr

This could open the floodgates to motorists taking small potted trees with them wherever they go, so they can park where they want and put the tree in front of the sign, hence obscuring it...
Let's hope so. Things would probably be much nicer if everybody drove around in cars filled up with plants...

Good luck!
Cheers!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Let's hope so. Things would probably be much nicer if everybody drove around in cars filled up with plants...

Could be - although it'd only be a matter of time before twats trundling around South Kensington in armoured personel carriers starting claiming it made their vehicles 'carbon neutral'...