August FWD & Rinse FM @ The End / youngsta & Riko / general excitment / thread

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
OK, so it's tonight.

I am going to be there at 9 bloodclart 30 because I don't have a credit card and couldn't buy a ticket so now I'm going to get one at the door. Should be a lot though - bit gutted about having to miss Tinchy's release party.

Whos reaching?

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
OK, so it's tonight.

I am going to be there at 9 bloodclart 30 because I don't have a credit card and couldn't buy a ticket so now I'm going to get one at the door. Should be a lot though - bit gutted about having to miss Tinchy's release party.

Whos reaching?

yeah, so excited for this. am probably also going to have to reach early unless my last minute guest list connect comes through. advance tickets are all gone now so i expect mass queue action.

my stamina's going to be taking a kicking getting there so early... :eek:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
yeah, so excited for this. am probably also going to have to reach early unless my last minute guest list connect comes through. advance tickets are all gone now so i expect mass queue action.

my stamina's going to be taking a kicking getting there so early... :eek:

How early do you reckon you'd need to get there to avoid this mass queue action? When I am involved in long queues, I have a tendency to resort to "mass murder action".

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
9 bloodclart 30 should set you up alright i reckon, plenty of tickets on the door apparently, but getting there after ten would be risky business.

over/under on wiley turning up to either of the performances he's booked for tonight?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I wish somehow Dirty Canvas was being thrown in a second room in the club. How convenient would that be?!

Still stoked for Loefah+Flo Dan, Youngsta+Riko, even though I'd much rather see grime MCs performing with actual grime DJs (which is why I probably should be going to Dirty Canvas). Seems like too much of an event to miss though, and I think I saw that Kode9 is on the flyer and Appleblim too and I rate them highly.

Does anyone know where Trim and Wiley fit into this night? Like who is DJing for them? (Yes, I know, Wiley is not showing up... but hypothetically).

tom pr

Do you reckon the queues will be that bad? Because that scuppers anyone's plans to do Dirty Canvas first unless they've got advance tickets...

HELLO

im planning to get there about 9.30 to get a ticket for me and my gf, are they likely to let me get a ticket and then come back about 11ish? i dont wanna be doing a 9.30-5 in there, esp. with no bunning!

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
yeah i guess so.. i bagged an advance ticket tho.

boomnoise met a construction worker of some kind the other day who informed him trim definitely wouldn't show.

I only hope one day to understand what goes through the minds of most grime MCs on a day to day basis.

"Here's some money to do a club night bigger than most you've got in the last two years or so. It's a good chance to cross over to another crowd, and therefore make even more money off mixtape sales. Plus, you have the added bonus of performing to a load of people who like what you do - I'm told this is one of the benefits of being a liked musical performer."
"I'm going to stay home and smoke weed."

mos dan

fact music
I only hope one day to understand what goes through the minds of most grime MCs on a day to day basis.

"Here's some money to do a club night bigger than most you've got in the last two years or so. It's a good chance to cross over to another crowd, and therefore make even more money off mixtape sales. Plus, you have the added bonus of performing to a load of people who like what you do - I'm told this is one of the benefits of being a liked musical performer."

i think the implication* was it was marcus nasty-related, but i agree with you in general, absolutely.

*and this is the implication boomnoise took from some random guy who was doing building work near his flat and used to be on rinse back in the day..

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i think the implication* was it was marcus nasty-related, but i agree with you in general, absolutely.

*and this is the implication boomnoise took from some random guy who was doing building work near his flat and used to be on rinse back in the day..

That being said I was having a conversation with a mate the other day about how I was really surprised that Sarah booked Trim and Wiley considering all the shit that went down at the last Sidewinder over this Marcus Nasty business.

tom pr

That being said I was having a conversation with a mate the other day about how I was really surprised that Sarah booked Trim and Wiley considering all the shit that went down at the last Sidewinder over this Marcus Nasty business.
What happened?

boomnoise

♫
yeah, to clarify this piece of hearsay from the guy working on my roof was to do with the unlikelihood of trim reaching given said marcus nasty wiley shenanigans

nb. no cameras allowed in the venue tonight

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
on a complete tangent why do venues ban cameras? It doesn't seem to happen up here much. I can think of a few reasons why but am curious.

beggars belief, i can only guess that they must be too prang to show - not enough confidence to deliver a performance, its one thing killing radio/mixtapes, quite another murking something so hyped as this