bassline house

matt b

Indexing all opinion
one of my students went to school with and knows dj q and t2. the vaguely amusing stories kept me occupied for a lesson

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
He DJed last Friday at the old blue last.

Knives on a flyer is a certified dickhead move. Not my genre of music though, so it doesn't really bother me. Just makes whoever is putting on the event look like your atypical shoreditch cunt. You all know there are problems with knife crime amongst the sort of people who listen to both bassline and grime.

he djed last friday because the promoter of Mumdance saw him on our line up. I know him, trust me.
When else???

i wasn't aware there was a kitchen knife problem. They're not butterflty knives or 9 millies. This is a quick and dirty web flyer. If you don't like it then fair enough but its hardly violent-looking.

look at your yourself hating for no reason. why do it? this aint rwd forum were trying to do a good thing.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Oh so it's YOUR event. That's why you're being a pussyhole about it. Ok. You have an event in London. It has POINTED knives spinning round on the flyer. They aren't rounded butter knives.

There is a continual knife problem in london. There is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to put knives on a flyer. It has no relation to the event, the name of the event or the venue the event is held in. It is a certified dickhead move. And it is the sort of thing I would expect from Vice magazine.

And Dexplicit has been taking bassline bookings regularly for the last 2 years.

Hating would imply you were doing something I was envious of. You aren't. You put a rave on in London with knives on the flyer. That's moronic.

no im not the promoter

im playin and care about how this night goes, so its a shame to see you cant keep your disslike for bassline to yourself when dan's trying to promote something

and to be honest this event has nothing to do with the knife problem and i'm finding your moral highground Grime Dad thing a bit long and tiresome now. Preach to the people who need to be preached at. Since this isnt a grime event i dont see what the beef is.

ether

cant really get annoyed about moving pixel knives myself, looks about as threating as a Mario game.

don't take offense its hipster east london don't you know, where everthing is soo ironic, , I wouldn't worry nobody could pack a blade in skinny black jeans anyhow.

i dont see one artist on there that might cause a knife-crime controversy

im not gonna argue with you about design, but youre being a bit literal to the point of pendantic here mate

also being an avid grime and bassline fan i kno i havent had the chance to see dexplicit dj before. i dont really care if he's been taking bassline bookings cos them raves are all god knows where. were bringing it differently to a different audience

mos dan

fact music
anyway yeah, flyers and dexplicit's diary aside, if you two have quite finished it should be a good night :p

I'm looking forward to Saturday actually, even with a Christening on sunday morning. I hated this stuff two months ago, don't know what happened.

tate

Brown Sugar
Amazing vocal sound on the cut-up sample used here as the track builds and slows: http://www.mediafire.com/?e9n0u1j1d9n
Enjoyed this one a LOT. Do you know who it is? Or which mix you chopped it out of (i.e., from garagedownloads etc)? If so, I could hunt down the tracklist myself, not asking you to do my homework for me :D.

Another question for you or lKoss (or anyone else). Are Mr. V and Virgo the same, or do they just namecheck Mr. V on "Straight Up?"

thanks to you all for the mixes, been listening to a LOT of this stuff lately.

amplejample

you're all missing the point - it's a fucking BLINGEE. www.blingee.com work it out for yourself. there's about a billion things more offensive than rotating, pixellated knives on there, namely babies with the word 'gangsta' flashing on their forehead. until recently there was no available flyer so a few were drawn up very QUICKLY via the medium of stickies and blingee.com to post in bulletins. there's a load that dan could've chosen to post, but he didn't, so here:

Definitely should have used this one, as it encourages them kids to take a banana in to the rave and get on that 5 a day.
253958348_500f8c4f.gif

Diamond olympics
253959761_5b8361b0.gif

and my personal favourite, which captures the essence of blingee.com
253955446_151269eb.gif

so, clearly, it's not worth calling anyone a dickhead or a pussyhole over. if only mosdan had posted the one with the bananas, then none of those things would have been said. this makes me very sad.

here is the ACTUAL flyer that is being used by the promoter:

hold-tight-2b.jpg

SNOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
Enjoyed this one a LOT. Do you know who it is? Or which mix you chopped it out of (i.e., from garagedownloads etc)? If so, I could hunt down the tracklist myself, not asking you to do my homework for me :D.

Shaun Banger Scott - "When I'm with you" ?...

Another question for you or lKoss (or anyone else). Are Mr. V and Virgo the same, or do they just namecheck Mr. V on "Straight Up?"

Mr V = Virgo

http://www.myspace.com/virgobeats = http://www.myspace.com/mrvirgobeats

Mr V ft Willis Rose - 'What’s Your Name?' (first track on mrvirgobeats dryspace, after intro) ...so sick.

Mr V comps T2 anyday IMHO

Last edited:

IKoss

Wild Horses

thanks to you all for the mixes, been listening to a LOT of this stuff lately.

ya mang. Virgo is aka Mr.V.. and yer, the 'straight up', and 'best of me' tunes there are some of my fave virgo tunes..

anyways that snip was from a SBS(ShaunBangerScott) set. prolly recent, as well.. sorry for not being more specific. but i even have a tough time keepin up with the friggin goldrush of 4/4 offerings lately... hope that helps still.

osnap beaten to punch by chuu, hehe.

and ya i agree about the t2 vs. virgo...

Last edited:

tate

Brown Sugar
Cool, Chuu and lKoss, much appreciated. I'd assumed that virgo and mr. v were the same but had seen both referenced so wanted to be sure. some serious tunage, there, damn

evergreen

some of these tracks sound great. any mixes online? i saw the one from earlier in this thread, but the file's down....

IKoss

Wild Horses
i must have listened to 'straight up' twenty times today, so good !

know what you mean bro.. that's def one of those tunes that i heard for the first time.. and was like godamnit this shit is so so retarded! i put it immediatley in that, 'conserve rotations to extend shelf-life' category.. but i kept going back to as well, lol.. fantastic all around production, vocals, fit-finish etcetcetc.. top stuff!

o, i have a mix i been wanting to share with the full crew..

it's not me.. and it's not on the 4/4 tip.
straight up fresh BasslineHouse tings here. best selection/mixdowns i've heard in a hot minute.. by a cat who is not all that well known either.

http://www.garagedownload.com/download.php?view.727

(must join/post to activate download feature) no 'leeching'-bwahaha.. and they need a server upgrade so dont watch the slow page loads.

cheers,

also i will finish the tracklist(s) for a couple others i have done recently. and up them tomorrow. i am feeling shite because i have not able to buy tunes this whole year. and so the tunes are 05-06 releases.. but i reckon newcomers wont know the diffy. and they are quality tracks, nuthin long there...