Blackdown

nexKeysound
i'm gonna try, got a load on that needs done before i go scotland for the weekend tho so it's 50/50. hope it goes well regardless. what are set times?

10-12 Pipedown DJs
12-1 Kowton
1-2 LHF
2-3 Dusk + me

be cool to meet, say hi, since we've not met...

FairiesWearBoots

I dont even want to call this dubstep, its more like a grime riddim
but this is the hypest track I've heard this year
been waiting for it for months and its out on mu

E10 riddim

[URLhttp://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/products/Rossi+B+Luca+Ft+Killa+P/Rossi_B_Luca_Ft_Killa_P_22486.html/URL]

4NR

as a college kid in the US, take my word that dubstep is not big here among the non-DJ population.

"Tron" is nostalgia inducing*; I'm all about the recent 130+ bok bok/brackles/ikonika type stuff, but doesn't anyone miss straight 70? Seems to me it's the DnB converts who are doing it properly now, this tune is the most recent one I've heard:

()

*last bunch of joker cuts haven't been on point, but in his defense, Tron is.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Fwd is still going into April - fantastic! Does this mean PP is winning the battle?

What amazing line-ups too...definitely reaching for the 15th:

Skream, Joy Orbison, Scratcha, Ben UFO.

ThinKing

I arranged the repress direct with JJ who owns the Southside labels so we could stock them at Chemical, only did 100 of each. We've been working our way through all the releases that are worth repressing (i.e. will sell). If there are any others you think are worth doing hit me up and I'll see what I can do. :)

ThinKing

lol yea I just meant Southside Dubstars etc. Sorry don't think I can help with Berkane represses, have you considered asking Geiom direct if he has any spare copies knocking about??

gumdrops

anyone heard the ikonika album? i quite like it, though it doesnt really knock me out like her first few singles. seems a bit different too, more of what you might expect for an album release, so everything sort of flows together, and its more i dunno, ambient? than her other stuff. i do find it a little bit samey though. all 'brilliant'/intelligent etc etc, but nothing really leaps out at me. or maybe i just have a poor memory :confused:

CrowleyHead

anyone heard the ikonika album? i quite like it, though it doesnt really knock me out like her first few singles. seems a bit different too, more of what you might expect for an album release, so everything sort of flows together, and its more i dunno, ambient? than her other stuff. i do find it a little bit samey though. all 'brilliant'/intelligent etc etc, but nothing really leaps out at me. or maybe i just have a poor memory :confused:

Honestly, what you described (still have to cop the album) is what I expected with her direction. Ever since she brought in the "swoony" synths, she's been destined for over-ambience. I miss how her earlier stuff had a more 'playful' vibe. "Idiot" seems to be a step back in that direction though, so who knows.

Also, this is incredibly random, but does anybody know who produced "Beat It Up" for Gucci Mane? So much of it reeks of something Starkey would try, I'd wonder if this guy might be aware of Grime/Dubstep.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
The Ramadanman EP is just superb. The whole thing is fantastic, but 'I Beg You' and 'Don't Change for Me' strike a personal chord like nothing else he's produced before. Outstanding.

mms

sometimes
Honestly, what you described (still have to cop the album) is what I expected with her direction. Ever since she brought in the "swoony" synths, she's been destined for over-ambience. I miss how her earlier stuff had a more 'playful' vibe. "Idiot" seems to be a step back in that direction though, so who knows.

you've not heard it have you?

mms

sometimes
for all labels or just Southside?

Badly need Glazed by Brackles on Berkane Sol:eek:

its a good idea that someone else is handling the pressing of those southside dubstars, the mastering too?
they're not great records imho regardless of sounding like they're pressed on toilet paper too.

CrowleyHead

you've not heard it have you?

Considering I said, 'from what the other person described', and admitting I didn't have it? Yeah, kinda, a little. I've heard bits that leaked and stuff that's been out though, so I have a small portion of the picture to judge from.

benjybars

village elder.
its a good idea that someone else is handling the pressing of those southside dubstars, the mastering too?
they're not great records imho regardless of sounding like they're pressed on toilet paper too.

i've never noticed a problem with the southside records i've owned.

oddz & eastwood - champion sounds great for example