wise

bare BARE BONES
Beatport just doesn't work in Firefox for some reason, got it running in IE they want £3.16 for a wav of You Don't Wash (Martyn remix)

Fucking shite

nomos

Administrator
i hate dubstep

2dsk7l5.jpg

FairiesWearBoots

as far as i can tell wobble is now dubstep

what we knew as dubstep is now in the future garage thread

this is pretty much it, I'm looking forward to the point that dubstep labels & artists start dropping the cod-reggae & rave vibes and start really embracing the gore, blood & skulls a la D&B (ideally picture discs of blood splattered, psycho women in lingerie, with a knife and a teddy bear)

then we'll know things have really come full circle

Blackdown

nexKeysound
this is pretty much it, I'm looking forward to the point that dubstep labels & artists start dropping the cod-reggae & rave vibes and start really embracing the gore, blood & skulls a la D&B (ideally picture discs of blood splattered, psycho women in lingerie, with a knife and a teddy bear)

then we'll know things have really come full circle

isnt this pretty much betamorph recordings? http://betamorphrecordings.com/wordpress/?p=227

FairiesWearBoots

oddly enough one of the only intelligent things I have read on DOA Forum (a few years ago mind, I have long given up all hope) was a quote that went something like, "there is a direct correlation between the further away D&B gets from London, the more skulls & blood & gore there is involved . ."
or something like that. Made me chuckle and I see dubstep in that way now

benjybars

village elder.
oddly enough one of the only intelligent things I have read on DOA Forum (a few years ago mind, I have long given up all hope) was a quote that went something like, "there is a direct correlation between the further away D&B gets from London, the more skulls & blood & gore there is involved . ."
or something like that. Made me chuckle and I see dubstep in that way now

yeah it's true tho..

similarly, there is a direct correlation between the number of north americans on DSF and the number of 'this tune is filthier than raping satan's wheelchair-bound grandma' type comments you will read on DSF. (no send to the north americans on here. i know you all have impeccable taste and spend your days listening to nothing but the hyperdub back catalogue.. ;))

FairiesWearBoots

ha! I didnt really want to go there but you're right, something gets 'lost in translation' over the atlantic
(bermuda triangle?)
as benjy said, no send as there are nuff heads who get it but a huge amount who dont quite (its a big place I guess)
you could maybe say the same for much of hip hop coming over here?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Tyranny's law : The more skulls you see on promotional material for a DnB record the more likely you are to be dealing with raw sewage in musical form.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
ha! I didnt really want to go there but you're right, something gets 'lost in translation' over the atlantic
(bermuda triangle?)
as benjy said, no send as there are nuff heads who get it but a huge amount who dont quite (its a big place I guess)
you could maybe say the same for much of hip hop coming over here?

It's not really that it gets lost in translation, it's that there are two distinct groups who just have no interest at all in dubstep proper. One is the late-20's/early 30's crowd who have been festering away in the remains of the undead D&B scene and are embracing dubstep now that it sounds like D&B; the other is 17 years old.

mms

sometimes
lol, ideally their next 12" artwork will be the carcass of the Lion of Judah at the feet of a zombie with a chainsaw, mwa haa haa haa etc

fuck me australians ruin everything

saw a poster the other day where pendulum - who are also australian - and cunts - and they are supporting iron maiden, it's like a spiral to hell.

i remember hearing concorde dawn once and feeling a bit sick, there should be some way to stop it.

Last edited:

joe.dfx

who knows...
It's not really that it gets lost in translation, it's that there are two distinct groups who just have no interest at all in dubstep proper. One is the late-20's/early 30's crowd who have been festering away in the remains of the undead D&B scene and are embracing dubstep now that it sounds like D&B; the other is 17 years old.

that is it. to a T.

i went and saw nero & 12th planet last night (for some reason i thought it might not be terrible)

the kids into their sets are just........really ignorant (or seemingly so).

while waiting in line talk to some of them (who were mostly there because their friend's friend said it was a "dubstep show" (no clue who they were seeing, we had one guy fooled it was actually a country show...pretty sure he was drunk & rolling waiting in line before the show even started...)) they just didn't really care much about what they were going to experience besides it being "dubstep." no real interest. during the show a barely 18 year old girl (big X's on her hands) litterally got on the speaker stack on all fours pulled up her dress and started showing her ass to the crowd as ghetto-fied as she could. drop it like it's hot i guess......all i could do was laugh (and cry on the inside.).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember a similar incident at DMZ. I shouldn't have worn a dress if I knew I was going to get that drunk, though. :eek: