benjybars

village elder.
so in all honesty, who is left in dubstep that isn't trying to be a rockstar?

dmz/deep medi crew
tectonic/punch drunk guys
cyrus
some of the tempa artists (d1/headhunter/?)
hessle crew

that about it?

: (

hmm... that's loads tho. plus your forgot hyperdub.

it's only really benga/skream and caspa/rusko.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
In fairness Rusko. He's what, mid twentys makes tunes for living and I think he lives out in LA now.
You can't really argue with that at the end of the day.

Rockstar or not

mms

sometimes
In fairness Rusko. He's what, mid twentys makes tunes for living and I think he lives out in LA now.
You can't really argue with that at the end of the day.

Rockstar or not

course you can argue with that at the end of the day - or any other time of the day.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Go on then.

What Rusko does with his life and how much he enjoys doing those things has nothing to do with any of us at all and is completely irrelevant to a discussion about his music?

And if it's a discussion about his lifestyle we're having there is nothing to suggest that living in LA and making the sort of music he makes is going to be what everyone here aspires to or, for that matter, what anyone should aspire to?

At the end of the day.

Last edited:

Leo

the shows been like that for a few years now to be fair

like i said, this was the first time i ever listened to his show (and never heard his dubstep all-stars or rinse mix cds.) just seemed really boring, the same slow beats over and over.

btw, watched a few vids of skream/benga live at the hard nyc outdoor show from this past weekend, ugh. not much "dub" when those two step out live.

unclerico

i thought coki's tunes on that n type show were good - even if pretty much everything else was toss

a new dub of his called "murdock" is mad, as is the tune "ransom", and his new movado remix "badman place" is sick

in other news, he finally has a myspace, and was talking on the radio alongside appleblim and adrian sherwood amongst others - seems he is coming out of the shadows a bit

i don't care what anyone says, i think his tunes are deep and nothing like brostep, even his so called "bangers" like robotnik, shock it and tree trunk

there's a few tracks up at www.myspace.com/cokidigital

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I know that. But its not doing too bad when your 25 and where making tunes in your room a few years ago is it ?
Rusko's making the same shite he's always done whereas the rest of them used to make decent stuff but are now trying to please the gatekeepers at radio one or whatever. He's always taken the piss while their still trying to be serious about it.

Digging myself a massive hole here trying to defend him regardless.

benjybars

village elder.
the tunes on Allstars 6 are pretty tasty really.

Tempa051 - A - Skream - Rollin Kicks ( ... re=related)
Tempa051 - B1 - Icicle - Anything ()
Tempa051 - B2 - FaltyDL - Sunday
Tempa051 - C - Benga - I Come From London
Tempa051 - D1 - SBTRKT - Sleep In Tokyo ()
Tempa051 - D2 - Alix Perez - Metric

SBTRKT tune is big.

dave

the day today tonight
i thought coki's tunes on that n type show were good - even if pretty much everything else was toss

a new dub of his called "murdock" is mad, as is the tune "ransom", and his new movado remix "badman place" is sick

in other news, he finally has a myspace, and was talking on the radio alongside appleblim and adrian sherwood amongst others - seems he is coming out of the shadows a bit

i don't care what anyone says, i think his tunes are deep and nothing like brostep, even his so called "bangers" like robotnik, shock it and tree trunk

there's a few tracks up at www.myspace.com/cokidigital
Who the hell joins Myspace in 2010!

Shame I can't get their player to work, I'm keen to hear what new craziness he has (I totally agree with his tunes being deep).

Ory

warp drive
2nd tune is eastwood - u ain't ready (untold remix). vocal tune near the end is bassboy ft. sg - too much for me, and the one right at the end is dva - ganja.

Ory

warp drive
don't know but oneman plays it a lot. he usually tracklists his mixes so you should be able to find out easily.