Ory

warp drive
Fuck the bed, when did Skream start doing deep cutting edge garagey tunes again?!? Have just heard Love Don't Come Easily and If You Know - cor, I thought we'd lost him to the wobble side!

My thoughts exactly. He's still got it in him!

elgato

I just dont know
If You Know is so sick, feeling that one very very much. im most interested in hearing him find points in between the all-out ravey wobblers and the more straightforwardly deeper styles, keeping the frenetic energy and druggy synths but bringing something a bit less aggressive and macho, a bit more emotive

UFO over easy

online mahjong
another cool, kinda surprising thing - hatcha is playing this kind of stuff out as well. the last few kiss shows and the set he did at the recent soul jazz party have included tunes like 'if you know' and lots of mala tunes..

faustus

...and "Angry World" and "Smokers!". catch all these on our last or next Rinse show :)

ok so i haven't heard Love Don't Come Easily and If You Know - but i really didn't *get* the two new tracks from blackdown's show - too 'tasteful', like quite a bit of 2008 dubstep...

elgato

I just dont know
ok so i haven't heard Love Don't Come Easily and If You Know - but i really didn't *get* the two new tracks from blackdown's show - too 'tasteful', like quite a bit of 2008 dubstep...

my feelings exactly. Smokers in particular and a number of others from that Stella Session a few weeks back. I like Angry World though. If You Know is a totally different kettle of fish though... manic, acidic, insistent, but emotive, warm, beautiful

Love Don't Come Easily is the opposite of 'tasteful'... vocal and melodies are pure big room trance nation flex, vibe is weird and gloopy (until the end), stilted percussion sounding drowned in cough syrup. its on his myspace, makes for an interesting listen. doesn't really do it for me, but its something a bit different, which i rate

viktorvaughn

I must state that I am ridiculously excited by the prospect of this Sunday's FWD - 8.30-2 - Slimzee (!!), Benny Ill, Yunx, Hatcha, Oris Jay and more. All playing stuff from around five years ago in the loveliest club in the world. Oh my days.:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love Don't Come Easily is boring to me... I'm going to feel like a right prick when I have to start complaining about boring deep stuff after going on and on about how deep stuff is the gr8test.

I'm jacking it all in and getting into psy-trance.

mos dan

fact music
I must state that I am ridiculously excited by the prospect of this Sunday's FWD - 8.30-2 - Slimzee (!!), Benny Ill, Yunx, Hatcha, Oris Jay and more. All playing stuff from around five years ago in the loveliest club in the world. Oh my days.:cool::cool::cool:

dun no. cannot wait for this :D

mos dan

fact music
oo you (potentially) callin a dubstep ravaaah muppet?! :p

until you are wearing your hair in a scruffy pony-tail and tying your white long-sleeve top around your waist, raving with your top off, and asking me if i'm shotting pills (as people at dubstep raves always do), i am not calling you a dubstep ravaaah muppet ;)

and yeah i know that line-up is actually sick, i just don't like fabric innit

elgato

I just dont know
until you are wearing your hair in a scruffy pony-tail and tying your white long-sleeve top around your waist, raving with your top off, and asking me if i'm shotting pills (as people at dubstep raves always do), i am not calling you a dubstep ravaaah muppet ;)

you mustn't have clocked my latest look yet :cool:

mos dan

fact music
Great a modern day hatcha set

Shoot the messenger IMO

hatcha's practice hours cd is probably my single favourite dubstep *thing* in existence.

either that or dubstep allstars 2. and not including radio sets by joe nice, kode9 etc. also not including burial albums.

fuckin ell too many caveats as usual.