Ory

warp drive
that zomby vs kid cudi title (haven't heard it) reminds me of something.... has anyone else noticed the melodic similarity between cudi's "day & nite" and benga & coki's "night"??? or am i imagining it?

yes, benga & coki are actually credited on the day n nite record iirc.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Man, someone tell me about Devotional Dubz. This "Lady Dub" is fucking mindblowing, both sides.
I'm delighted you like it. I've been meaning to send you some of the ragga techno stuff off the album for ages. There's a concept website at www.devotionaldubz.net and a sorta showcase mix for the 12 on the FACT site which is pretty good.

Why didn't I do another one? Well I spent three months working on Jill Scott's My Love, which didn't work out well enough to release, though it's on the Devotional Dubz Mix. I did Lady Dub in a month long full-moon-to-full-moon devotional frenzy, tried to do the same with My Love but it never sounded quite there. I spent another couple of months on Crown Royal; that wound up as the best bit of the Devotional Dubz mix, going over DJ Abstract's Touch, but it didn't turn into a track. Not yet anyway.

Then the source for all this stuff changed gender and went into uk funky. That stuff came together very quickly, good enough to come out anyway - the next single is being mastered next week. The catalogue number is the follow up to Lady Dub's number.

And then after I'd done some funky I started working on my 2step remix of Naphta's Soundclash, which is really the follow-up to Lady Dub, I think it comes from the same place. That's a proper record. It's coming out on Keysound when I stop fiddling with it - it mixes really well now so I think it's just about there. Needed a touch more swing.

The mix is here...

rivet90210

god damn. downloading pronoto.

AND this is in there: DJ Oddz - Blade Runner........ where on earth can this be found? did it get pressed at all?

I watched

a Ricardo Villalobos video on beatsource and was like ‘Peverelist should be playing at places like this’ (it was a arena type place in Rome). His 808/909 kick sub s*** is f****** mental – it’s like House or Techno

but one thing I don’t understand is how he thinks the stuff he does is soundsystem? his stuff ain’t dub or reggae like really

petergunn

plywood violin
yeah, this is going to the year of mainstream songs jocking dubstep...

diplo apparently djed some dubstep last week and Lil Jon got on the mic (YEEEE-AHHHHH!) and he (diplo) has said he is going to make dubstep club tracks, so if you are a dubstep purist, be prepared for a solid year of shaking your head (not inna good way)...