CrowleyHead

Naaah. Don't get me wrong... I'm MORE than satisfied with my current prez.

But it's like "Are we really going to use him as vox samples for tunes? This will only lead to overabuse".

I guarantee you, we'll be putting on tunes, and there'll be dozens of Obama vox snippets. I'll put on Rinse, and then "... Well, let's be clear..."

franz

the recent Shackleton remix of Neo by Maxximus is pretty ace, no? a bit of a roller almost. seems similar but different as far as the drums go. simply playing with a slightly different pitched drum or two freshens things up for me, as far as following his production goes. anything else forthcoming from him anytime soon? don't remember seeing any dubs of his kicking about playlists, but then again with him of all people, maybe that wouldn't tell the full story... (given that he doesn't make his way into mixes too often)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Latest Blackdown/Dusk is wicked. I thought that VVV tune was Burial at first...

Highlight for me is that untitled Pev tune - pretty sick throughout but when those strings come in faaaark... Top producer

Algierstwin

Latest Blackdown/Dusk is wicked. I thought that VVV tune was Burial at first...

Highlight for me is that untitled Pev tune - pretty sick throughout but when those strings come in faaaark... Top producer

my thoughts exactly.

also love that vex'd remix of starkey. . .

and the starkey remix of nexthype. .

and the sbtrkt pieces were big. .

zhao

there are no accidents
kind of surprised how well Kromestar's My Sound works as an album: i'm 3/4 way through without having skipped or fast forwarded a single tune, and don't want to turn it off either...

rare thing for me as most albums or EPs are like skip, skip, skip, ok i listen to this one all the way... nevermind. skip!

4linehaiku

Repetitive
the recent Shackleton remix of Neo by Maxximus is pretty ace, no? a bit of a roller almost. seems similar but different as far as the drums go. simply playing with a slightly different pitched drum or two freshens things up for me, as far as following his production goes. anything else forthcoming from him anytime soon? don't remember seeing any dubs of his kicking about playlists, but then again with him of all people, maybe that wouldn't tell the full story... (given that he doesn't make his way into mixes too often)

When I spoke to him last he said he didn't really have much in the pipeline, said he in a bit a rut or something along those lines. This was the end of last year though, so hopefully the move to Berlin has revitalized things.
Haven't heard this new remix though, is it any mixes?

Will have to check out that Dusk & Blackdown show, I'm constantly behind the times at the moment. I think this thread and the dsf what's in the shops thread are the only Dubstep things I check now, quite a change from my peak forum time-wasting days.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Will have to check out that Dusk & Blackdown show, I'm constantly behind the times at the moment.

It was REALLY good, very well mixed too. Doesn't so much keep you up to date as give you the next three months.

I agree on Vex'd remixes, sbtrkt (who he?), so much else...

Ory

warp drive
kind of surprised how well Kromestar's My Sound works as an album: i'm 3/4 way through without having skipped or fast forwarded a single tune, and don't want to turn it off either...

rare thing for me as most albums or EPs are like skip, skip, skip, ok i listen to this one all the way... nevermind. skip!

listened to the samples a while back and was like "ugh". in fact 90% of his back catalogue is a bit like that for me. will have to give it a proper listen though.

Algierstwin

listened to the samples a while back and was like "ugh". in fact 90% of his back catalogue is a bit like that for me. will have to give it a proper listen though.

what kind of sound are we talking. . . ? Not sure why i've always been put off by him. . but people are calling it album of '09. . ?!

4linehaiku

Repetitive
The Jamie Vex'd one? In System Travel I believe.
Or is there some other release by both of them?

I like In System Travel, it's making moves in the same direction as his remix of Scuba a while back. Not quite as good as that one from what I've heard, but good stuff nonetheless.

Need to hear his remix of Starkey, yet another reason to get the D&B show I suppose.

Algierstwin

The Jamie Vex'd one? In System Travel I believe.
Or is there some other release by both of them?

I like In System Travel, it's making moves in the same direction as his remix of Scuba a while back. Not quite as good as that one from what I've heard, but good stuff nonetheless.

Need to hear his remix of Starkey, yet another reason to get the D&B show I suppose.

sorry Jamie Vex'd.

yes. you do need to hear that starkey remix. one of my tunes of the show.

Tanadan

likes things
Hahaha... Boomkat on the Magnetic Man EP:

"For those who haven't visited dubstepforum or just have better things to do with their time, Magnetic Man is the LaptopPowerSuperTroupe consisting of dubstep originators Benga, Skream and Artwork who collectively hold the first three Big Apple catalogue numbers and whose dubstep credentials cannot be f*cked with. So it's quite a surprise to hear them leave behind all the swing, funk and wildout bass-fun of their previous releases in favour of a cold and mechanically over-produced sound strictly for the dubstep ravers."

zhao

there are no accidents
quite a surprise to hear them leave behind all the swing, funk and wildout bass-fun of their previous releases in favour of a cold and mechanically over-produced sound strictly for the dubstep ravers."

oh that's too bad (if entirely true). i had high hopes but can't say all that surprised (again, if entirely true)

not all that exciting and hardly anything i would drop in the club, but it was an amiable listen all the way through while working.

on the collab tip, brothers grimm the lion awakes i thought was pretty interesting and ambitious jungle-steppy number.

and feeling the headhunter long player...

big up to Rinse for simulcasting the raves now...

me and my boys were able to listen to Joker's set and oh s***...he's gone...he's actually getting close to that level

I mean...damn

he can't mix but his selection makes up for it. Electric Wow is f***** plus he's doing Hip-Hop! F***!

Peverelist is hard

also big up El-B on that interview. he's a real dude. plus he's knows what time it is on the roads