even brothers must disagree lol

Are dubsteppers rating this tune? because I am.

yeah i'm actually well into it... except for that drum n bass bit at the end which is kinda cheesey

basically. that and the vocal cut-ups in that part...sounds very basic

that new Tectonic 12" with both of them is sick though. someone mentioned before that that Benga one uses presets...name which ones and where from then?

its gotta be on the web (Joker set) - there's too many exclusives! Electric Wow with Gemmy and Joker's Hip-Hop stuff needs to be heard. the quality is waaaaaay better than the Rinse stream

I don't think they'll ever be podcasted as that would discourage ppl from going to the rave...Rinse is all about the money...

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
this synkro is a pretty interesting producer huh? 4/4 dubby biznis on the funky side, decent wobblers, as well as almost entirely straight steppers reggae... and also burialist new garage flavors, albeit a bit more clean cut

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Can someone PLEASE record the FWD stream on Sunday cos it will REALLY be worth hearing... blackdown's set will have some real specials in there. I can't cos I am going to be there!

powerpill

Can someone PLEASE record the FWD stream on Sunday cos it will REALLY be worth hearing... blackdown's set will have some real specials in there. I can't cos I am going to be there!

i will do it if im not there myself, although im not 100% sure that they stream the whole night

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
new interview of Kode 9 by Philip Sherburne @ emusic:

http://www.emusic.com/features/spotlight/281_200903.html
Quote:
The mainstream of dubstep is becoming such an abortion that it's really very little nothing to do with anything I'm interested in musically, apart from tempo.

Also looks like Martin's column @ pitchfork is back:

http://pitchfork.com/features/grime-dubstep/7638-grime-dubstep/

I have not heard any of the music on Loefah's new label. I am Looking forward to the mix on Blackdown's blog when it's posted.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
just been going through all my old dubstep cos im playing a set of it tomorrow, and man i had almost forgotten how incredible so much of it is... 2005-06 was ridiculous, the amount of character and innovation is crazy. good times, well hyped to play them all!

zhao

there are no accidents
The mainstream of dubstep is becoming such an abortion that it's really very little nothing to do with anything I'm interested in musically, apart from tempo.

that is a good man (all puns intended) that says somethign like that. anyone have any suggestions of some examples of Kode's dj sets? the kind he talks about mixing up hiphop, funk, house, and UKG.

psherburne

Man, the Substance party @ Berghain on Friday night was fantastic. Not entirely sure who I saw (and I was upstairs getting Perlonized for much of the night), but earlyish on was clearly Shackleton sounding very, very good, and much more forceful than I expected. Later I caught a DJ that I'm guessing was Scuba (although maybe Distance?) playing some heavy, HEAVY tracks, mixed impeccably... That Berghain sound system is MASSIVE. Possibly sounds even better for dubstep than techno.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
Was taht the one after 'naptha - soundclash - grevious angel vip' that got the rewind? tune.

nah that was a silkie/quest tune. can't remember the name tho. that drop gives me rushes every time :cool:

is this el-b's much feted new house stuff then? or is this kode?

edit: definitely kode