no-one talking bout last weeks

FWD?

my boy went. said the crowd were going mad for the bait Zinc house and Benga's stuff (a lot of "which sounded like a car trying to start" lol)

but Quest and Silkie kilt it

Hmmm, for all the talk of Photek and Goldie it sounds as though Loefah may, rather disappointingly, become a next generation Dillinja - making variants on a style, furrowed to the point of 'perfection'.
No doubt his 808 sound has so far been mostly interesting, but, in hindsight, there's such a contrast between, say, Jazz Lick (almost 'organic' garage, “Bloody weather”!), Twisup (a true wot-do-u-call-it moment. Sci-fi LDN bass & off-kilter beats??) and Mud (totally b-boy, weapons-grade snare) that the thought of another change of direction was massively auspicious. Still, the interview suggests that tempo shouldn't be a restriction, so a soon-come 808s@130 may not be completely out of the question..

Oh, and Martin, when the Pulitzer Road Award For Indie-Media is awarded at least you know you'll have earned it!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm only part-way into the interview but its fascinating stuff, although mainly for the Loefah stuff from my perspective. Will be interesting to see what effect quitting weed has on his sound, if any - obviously its a good thing for him personally to have cut it out and hopefully it will freshen up his sound too...

What he says about ''Disco Wrekka'' is interesting - I always liked that tune a lot as a straight banger but it does seem to lack the depth that ''Ruffage'' and ''Mud'' have. Also how he felt he had to make that tune, it's very refreshing to see someone come out and say that because I have always wondered if there were those amongst the original dubstep set who weren't into the stuff that they were playing/producing (just as I wonder if Dillinja can possibly like the stuff he makes nowadays).

It's great how candid he is about that DJ Friction/DNB top-boys thing too.

I'm going to DL that mix and try again to get my head round KMinds. big up martin

Blackdown

nexKeysound
actually Corps i think you'll like the album more than the mix. The mix is 50/50 lighter techier halfstep to dark halfstep. the album is 90% dark minimal halfstep, which i think i actually prefer... but i also feel it's definitely winter music.

gabriel

The Heatwave
starkey remix of 'more than money' is out on junodownload... any1 know about the message is love remix?

message is love remixes supposed to be coming on mad decent in the summer - the heatwave, rude kid, mumdance, starkey and l-vis 1990 as far as i'm aware...

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
anyone got a recording of last lights Kode9 Fwd set (if they broadcast it on rinse)? was a pretty perfect night, vocoder funk > 2 step > funky >"wonky" dubstep finale, 3/4 hours. and lots of new terror danjah stuff throughout.

mms

sometimes
anyone got a recording of last lights Kode9 Fwd set (if they broadcast it on rinse)? was a pretty perfect night, vocoder funk > 2 step > funky >"wonky" dubstep finale, 3/4 hours. and lots of new terror danjah stuff throughout.

yeah i danced solidly for 3 hours and couldn't sleep at all afterwards...

yikes!

tom lea

yeah it was great, wasn't it? got there towards the end of the 2step section and didn't stop dancing til about 12.15 when the tiredness, alcohol and stench of the dude in front of us all got a bit much. such a good dj, best time i've had at fwd since..well, probably since that 2hr set from ages ago when kode filled in for zomby.

If anyone knows what that one Terror tune that sounded like Creepy Crawler but wasn't was, about 11:30? Tell me please.
That tune was dutty.

Had to fuck off shortly afterwards and missed the grime bit

tom lea

if it's the same one i'm thinking of on the fact mix, it's:

19 Code Morse - Terror Danjah & D.O.K (Unreleased)

absolutely fucked tune.

alex

Do not read this.
ez blackdown, that interview was good man, really good read.

I enjoy copy & pasting it into a blank email and watching my boss think, 'cor he's thorough'

But yea, really good read, interesting to hear about Loefah's 808 progression, as mentioned, it really is unfinished, cause when I heard 'its yours' I was a bit like, well here you have got all this wobble stuff, which is that vein, then there is gonna be some 808 style stuff coming (which I was really excited about), but it never really materialised & the wobble came snowballing after...