Blackdown

nexKeysound
Wish slimzee had been rolling 10 deep with MCs, like he used to, rather than having half of Dagenham with him in the booth, as he seemed to lol. Still, cool to see him again.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
nah, i'm joking i have no idea if they're from Daggers or not. it was Slimz' longtime mate Jamie Ding and his mates, so probably from Roman Road.

alex

Do not read this.
oh yea, I have that Cooly G one, thats the one with the pitch shifts on the samples right? she is doing it with alot of her tunes recently, her version of 'natty' does it, and it is fucking big!

mms

sometimes
FWD was fkking great last night. Slimzee dropping the grime classics, ending with Lil Silva and Anti War Dub, which was a surprise. Mark Pritchard was a really varied and coherant set, moving up from kinda dense soca-y halfstep stuff through to classic jungle ('your sound' and 'bambaata') and then finally a ruff squad instrumental. 9 did his thing, the highlight of which was either an insane mix of Gee ft Ms Dynamite into Black Sun or Ikonika "Fish". Rammo and SO hot in there!

bikram yoga, i didn't see you, i don't think i've ever felt so disorientated coming out of a club before, reminds me of a modern war writer saying the only thing that's comparable to modern warfare in the heat of battle is a packed louds club.

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
the highlight of which was either an insane mix of Gee ft Ms Dynamite into Black Sun or Ikonika "Fish"

Is 'Fish' the Ikonika-goes-Funky track with the mad 8-bit'ish melody? Think Mr. UFO might have closed his Fabric set with it on Friday. Either way it was def a new Ikonika track and amazing..

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Is 'Fish' the Ikonika-goes-Funky track with the mad 8-bit'ish melody? Think Mr. UFO might have closed his Fabric set with it on Friday. Either way it was def a new Ikonika track and amazing..

the one i closed with on friday was Idiot :)

def agreed with everyone saying fwd was amazing last night, had a wicked time

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
that mad scratcha tune with the 8bar switchup and triplet drum rolls (as heard at the end of his fact mix) absolutely DESTROYED on the pp system as well...

did hear right when someone said it was coming out on hyperdub?? fantastic news if so.

Dane

Looking at the whole pie
FWD was fkking great last night. Slimzee dropping the grime classics, ending with Lil Silva and Anti War Dub, which was a surprise. Mark Pritchard was a really varied and coherant set, moving up from kinda dense soca-y halfstep stuff through to classic jungle ('your sound' and 'bambaata') and then finally a ruff squad instrumental. 9 did his thing, the highlight of which was either an insane mix of Gee ft Ms Dynamite into Black Sun or Ikonika "Fish". Rammo and SO hot in there!

Anyone know what the WIley tune Slim played with no bass or kicks. I know it so well off many a set but the name escapes me...