alex

Do not read this.
that mad scratcha tune with the 8bar switchup and triplet drum rolls (as heard at the end of his fact mix) absolutely DESTROYED on the pp system as well...

did hear right when someone said it was coming out on hyperdub?? fantastic news if so.

"Natty" yea i cant wait to get this 1 cut on thursday!

Cant believe I missed this, sounds wench!

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Anyone know what the WIley tune Slim played with no bass or kicks. I know it so well off many a set but the name escapes me...

he played the devil mix of one of wiley's tunes. people on youtube call it 'bird tune' because of the chirps, though that's not its real name.

joe.dfx

who knows...
Benga played here this weekend and it was the one of the single worst things I have ever seen in a night club.

NOOOOOOO..... : (

he's here in minneapolis tomorrow and i've got presales already. missed plastician last week and heard it was really good, but i didn't make it. stupid 6 am work meeting...

kinda going in expecting wobble dubz all night. gonna be my only chance to see benga so going regardless. just hope it's not as bad as you say...

urbanite

subnoto
while the Devil Mixes are being discussed... is there a mix somewhere which has a bunch of em? Would like to hear more, but seeing as I missed the grime boat pretty much, wouldn't even know where to start..

massrock

Ouch. :eek:

~ Thing is it's probably mostly fair as a response but it also starkly reveals a complete inversion of what dubstep was born as. What a lot of people valued in it, dare I say.

antecedents in dub and experimental hip-hop
The only thing more disruptive than a dubstep bass line is an outright break in the music
abrasion and angularity
there’s no dance music less sensuous than this
Skream’s music is the most nervous-sounding of all dubstep producers’
[Mary Anne Hobbs] set at Love was hard and unfriendly, but deliberately so.

benjybars

village elder.
fucking hell .. how did i manage to sleep on 'Distance - Feel Me' for so long???

just heard braiden do a gigantic blend with this tune.. amazing.

The only other Distance tune i ever really liked is Nomad but this is quality.. sounds a bit slower than normal too.. could mix well with funky etc.

so good.

computer_rock

fucking hell .. how did i manage to sleep on 'Distance - Feel Me' for so long???

just heard braiden do a gigantic blend with this tune.. amazing.

The only other Distance tune i ever really liked is Nomad but this is quality.. sounds a bit slower than normal too.. could mix well with funky etc.

so good.
delight has a serious vibe about it. love that tune.

generally speaking i think i prefer distance when he stays away from the guitars which seems to be increasingly less often

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Must be said that the new 2562 album has kept me decidedly entertained for the last couple of days. Very impressive follow-up, indeed.

Whilst trying to avoid the obligatory hysterical platitudes and perfunctory reactions, I feel sufficiently composed to proclaim that it is, in fact, quite a bit better than 'Aerial' - which I also enjoyed a great deal.

benjybars

village elder.
delight has a serious vibe about it. love that tune.

generally speaking i think i prefer distance when he stays away from the guitars which seems to be increasingly less often

yeah allow the guitars.

i like so little of what Distance releases but Feel Me is toooo good.
And Nomad, of course, which is a stonecold classic.

alex

Do not read this.
Long shot & i doubt anyone will be able to help. After many many many request's to skream, (I know he is very busy & probably doesnt have the time) I am still after his mix of KMA's 'Cape Fear'. It's a really old dub & skream obliged providing he could find the dub (no master, props to plasticman for helping out) but alas, I still dont have the tune, wondering if anyone could point me in the right step to getting it? Cheers! :-D