4NR

new Scuba ep is great, although it doesn't beat bleach/volt which is possibly my single of the year. Is that a Brandy vocal sample I smell on "Symbiosis"?

alex

Do not read this.
Yea I got that Hypno tune too, massive percussion, great track.

I uploaded an article on the Famous Immerse Records, with a guest mix included from KidKut, here

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
shameless plug; did a mix that some of you might enjoy

http://mp3.breakbeat.is/breakbeat/mix/kalli_-_triangulate_mix_october.mp3

tracklist
1. Floating Points - J&W Beat (Planet Mu)
2. Efdemin - Acid Bells (Martyn’s Dark Remix) (Curle)
3. Kode9 - Too Far Gone (Hypno’s too far gone remix) (Dub)
4. Zomby - The Lie (Ramp)
5. Ramadanman - Revenue (Untold Remix) (2nd Drop)
6. Ludacris feat. Shawnna - What’s Your Fantasy (Def Jam South)
7. Untold - Luna (Freep3)
8. Deuce - Twerp Wiz (Ostgut Ton)
9. Wiley Kat - Ice Rink Dizzee Rascal vocal (Wiley Kat)
10. Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Sexperience (Affine)
11. Starkey - Gutter Music VIP (Keysound)
12. Rustie - Bad Science (Wireblock)
13. Hudson Mohawke - ZOo00oom (Warp)
14. 50 Cent / Timbaland - Ayo Technology Instrumental (Interscope)
15. Einum Of - Drama Llama (Dub)
16. Pangea - Memories (White)
17. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo (Hotflush)
18. Untold - Anaconda (Hessle)
19. James Blake - Air and Lack thereof (Hemlock)
20. Animal Collective - Brother Sport (Domino)

Meant to comment on this nearer the time - I enjoyed this a lot. The Ayo Technology instrumental is lovely, and I was also impressed by the way you mixed in What's Your Fantasy in a way that sounds good.

tom lea

fucking hell that pitchfork review of the hyperdub comp is a bit bad. i mean i quite like some of the descriptions of the music, but all that stuff about dancing, and dedicating about one sentence to kode 9 in review that long - really?

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
was total BS - comparing it to artifical intel armchair shit is SO far off the mark its insane, given 9's disdain for that stuff i can't imagine he is too amused eithr!

yeah pitchfork are fucking dolts anyway tho - if they had their way, each staff member would undergo an initiation process whereby all the members of radiohead would bukkake them in the face with kid a/ok computer looping in the background.

tom lea

i dont think anything as crude as bukkake is allowed in the prescence of The Greatest Album of the 90s and The Greatest Album of the 00s, thanks dan

IanTheM

Tame Horse
fucking hell that pitchfork review of the hyperdub comp is a bit bad. i mean i quite like some of the descriptions of the music, but all that stuff about dancing, and dedicating about one sentence to kode 9 in review that long - really?

The best part is when he glossed over all the kode9 tunes by saying 'i really don't like them'.

mms

sometimes
was total BS - comparing it to artifical intel armchair shit is SO far off the mark its insane, given 9's disdain for that stuff i can't imagine he is too amused eithr!

yeah pitchfork are fucking dolts anyway tho - if they had their way, each staff member would undergo an initiation process whereby all the members of radiohead would bukkake them in the face with kid a/ok computer looping in the background.

it was a car crash of cliches really, 2 irrelevant paragraphs, then some weird sneery irrelevant stuff, no indication of what was good about it or what he enjoyed, vague mentions of about 3 artists.

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
that's a pretty backhanded 8.2/10. ignorant as well. "reshaped the little world they work in" indeed. sounds like a description of pitchfork itself.

Last edited:

Alfons

Way of the future
Meant to comment on this nearer the time - I enjoyed this a lot. The Ayo Technology instrumental is lovely, and I was also impressed by the way you mixed in What's Your Fantasy in a way that sounds good.

thanks, glad you liked it. Trying to do the whole eclecticism at 130-140 without it sounding too forced, :)

franz

dear world,

it's not that hard to dance to dubstep... you see, the time signature is around 140 bpm... that's actually fairly fast. think of it as a fast skanking ska or reggae beat and you are pretty much all the way there... now a lot of songs in dubstep like to halve the emphasis of that beat... this is often what we call halfstep, but it's also ideal for dub beats with a techno influence... this structure means your body can be moving at two different speeds to the beat at once... that's kind of like dancing, huh?

let's save talking about Burial and his pretty blatant garage/2step influence for another day... the information overload would probably do your head in