4NR

You're right, but I say best if only because all five tracks are gold. 2562's tectonic release, Scuba's highly underrated Bleach/Volt, Shed's recent STP EP, Monolake- Atlas/Titan, the Joy Orbison EP, Sigha's 2nd Hotflush outing, and even though this isn't exhaustive, Shortstuff's Rustling EP deserves a mention-- all great, but two trackers. To put five tunes together that have enough in common to sound cohesive but enough diversity to be compelling is damn hard.

Mount Kimbie's Sketch on Glass EP & Falty DL's Bravery I guess could technically compete with Untold then, but I think they are suited for different kinds of listening.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
You're right, but I say best if only because all five tracks are gold. 2562's tectonic release, Scuba's highly underrated Bleach/Volt, Shed's recent STP EP, Monolake- Atlas/Titan, the Joy Orbison EP, Sigha's 2nd Hotflush outing, and even though this isn't exhaustive, Shortstuff's Rustling EP deserves a mention-- all great, but two trackers. To put five tunes together that have enough in common to sound cohesive but enough diversity to be compelling is damn hard.

Mount Kimbie's Sketch on Glass EP & Falty DL's Bravery I guess could technically compete with Untold then, but I think they are suited for different kinds of listening.

If you're going to bring up FaltyDL then I'd put forward Love Is A Liability as the best cohesive piece, works as an album and works on the dancefloor (I'd say it's less esoteric as Untold's new ep). The only reason I think it'd go overlooked is cause it's not as important to numm heads as Untolds work, but in terms of listening I enjoy it way more.

soul_pill

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Not dubstep but i need a tune ID'd, from Brackles latest rinse set, played just after that banjaxed Bok Bok citizens dub remix, garage thing with the vocals "mix n blend.... come again..... ahh yes!....what ya want me to do....what ya want me to say" i've heard it a few times, easy for you lot.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Not dubstep but i need a tune ID'd, from Brackles latest rinse set, played just after that banjaxed Bok Bok citizens dub remix, garage thing with the vocals "mix n blend.... come again..... ahh yes!....what ya want me to do....what ya want me to say" i've heard it a few times, easy for you lot.

'Blen' by Afrika Hitech?

blackpixie

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

How i have missed Falty dl this whole time i do not know... I hate it when that happens

wise

bare BARE BONES

Just listening again, it's interestsing how everyone focuses on the Wiley/Grime influence but I think there's a massive early Chicago house influence on these tunes which is more interesting in a way.