drug warning stories

tryptych

waiting for a time
weeeeeeel...............

as it happens i do look back, half in fear-half in shame, and remember that for a period of time in 94, about two months, i did actually believe that i was able to defy gravity.

i first remembered this a couple of years ago, from the security of ten years of abstinence from drugs, and it was quite a shock. like, jesus what might i have actually done?

at the time i remember getting up early in the morning and smoking skunk. the worst was when i tried to kick tobacco, and then i really went headlong into it. i think the baccy sorta leavened and grounded the experience but without it.....sheesh.

i can remember doing a lot of jumping, in the park, at the basement where i worked (dont laugh! it's not funny! well, i suppose it is really! :D) and really feeling that i was able to float in the air.

crazy shit.

Can you clarify - were you just smoking a lot of weed at the time, or were you on something stronger?

I mean, thinking you can defy gravity... that's bordering into psychotic break territory surely...

N

nomadologist

^^ That also goes for my addiction to arguing with people on Internet messageboards, btw.

At least you're not a coward who makes up new logins so you can yell at people for their behavior on message boards, right?

N

nomadologist

Can you clarify - were you just smoking a lot of weed at the time, or were you on something stronger?

I mean, thinking you can defy gravity... that's bordering into psychotic break territory surely...

skunk is really really strong, right? isn't it sprayed with some kind of chemical, like a dippy?

S

simon silverdollar

a friend of mine started eating mud at the Glade. it did look quite deliciously cake-mix like to the untrained/drugged-up eye...

doom

Public Housing
skunk is really really strong, right? isn't it sprayed with some kind of chemical, like a dippy?

not by definition, altho it can be - hairspray sometimes, sticky icky :eek:

chemicals are almost always used in growing 'skunk' - fertilizers, 'miracle grow' etc.

swears

preppy-kei
One night at some godawful rock club I used to go to with some pals when we were about 16/17, this wasted kid spent half an hour trying to explain to me (while I was hammered on a couple of vodkas) how he could mutate his own DNA, how he could read the future by watching TV and memorising certain "key phrases", how he was one a few select super humans being activated by cosmic rays and how I couldn't tell anyone as secret government agents would try and kill him. But not to worry, as he had developed his own special "invincible" martial arts style. Confused, I asked if this was a film he was writing or something, he didn't take that too well and started ranting about how I was brainwashed.

I wonder if he woke up the next day thinking "what the fuck was I on about?".

N

nomadologist

he was probably a paranoid schizophrenic. or just really hilarious.

S

simon silverdollar

there was this really bad rock club that i used to go to when i was 16 and leaving near manchester- can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but it'sthe really famous one. ritzy's, or something?

anyway, there was like a tunnel bit of it where all the drug casualties went to flop around, and once we saw a really fucked girl there bite open a glowstick. it was all dribbling down her chin. quite a sight.

the things people do to have fun, eh?

swears

preppy-kei
he was probably a paranoid schizophrenic. or just really hilarious.

Maybe, from what I could tell, he seemed to be speeding, perhaps on acid as well.

This was in Liverpool's Krazyhouse, at the height of baggy pants rap-metal. Some of those records were quite funny, like Limp Bizkit's cover of "Faith".

N

nomadologist

i always wonder how prevalant drugs are in different places. in the u.s. it varies a lot by region, but there's always at least one hard drug readily available where you live

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
i always wonder how prevalant drugs are in different places. in the u.s. it varies a lot by region, but there's always at least one hard drug readily available where you live

Yeah, even in the rural area I live in I've been offered ecstacy. I think there's some sort of redneck rave scene a couple hours south though.

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
Boy and girl meet and launch themselves into a whirlwind relationship based on a shared lack of self-control as far as booze, substances, and staying up all night are concerned. She manages a bar where they can hang out until noon the next day! A friend just scored enough mushrooms to last the entire summer! Another friend has great ecstasy/prescription meds/coke connections! The whole world can go fuck itself! (Except between 9 and 6 Monday to Friday when he has to go to a square job.) Anyway, they're going to Spend The Rest Of Their Lives Together so they can start Behaving Like Grown Ups once they've Figured Out A Plan. They sublet a friend's apartment in anticipation of moving to a new city together later that year but find themselves arguing a lot. Boy reasons that perhaps they have some issues to work out that might best be resolved in a spirit of abstinence, or at least moderation. Girl dumps his ass.

N

nomadologist

Yeah, even in the rural area I live in I've been offered ecstacy. I think there's some sort of redneck rave scene a couple hours south though.

i'd be careful of suspicious ecstasy--a lot of people sell PMA which makes you really sick.
not that you were probably tempted!

N

nomadologist

Boy and girl meet and launch themselves into a whirlwind relationship based on a shared lack of self-control as far as booze, substances, and staying up all night are concerned. She manages a bar where they can hang out until noon the next day! A friend just scored enough mushrooms to last the entire summer! Another friend has great ecstasy/prescription meds/coke connections! The whole world can go fuck itself! (Except between 9 and 6 Monday to Friday when he has to go to a square job.) Anyway, they're going to Spend The Rest Of Their Lives Together so they can start Behaving Like Grown Ups once they've Figured Out A Plan. They sublet a friend's apartment in anticipation of moving to a new city together later that year but find themselves arguing a lot. Boy reasons that perhaps they have some issues to work out that might best be resolved in a spirit of abstinence, or at least moderation. Girl dumps his ass.

aw. it is probably better this way, if it wasn't working out. coke definitely induces a lot of fighting within a relationship...or just makes people have a lot of rage outbursts in general

S

simon silverdollar

yeah, isn't PMA really dangerous? like, slightly too much and yr dead?

N

nomadologist

Maybe, from what I could tell, he seemed to be speeding, perhaps on acid as well.

This was in Liverpool's Krazyhouse, at the height of baggy pants rap-metal. Some of those records were quite funny, like Limp Bizkit's cover of "Faith".

hey wait--people in the UK had to suffer through baggypants rap-metal?? i thought that was a solely american affliction

N

nomadologist

yeah, isn't PMA really dangerous? like, slightly too much and yr dead?

yeah, but it's easier to create in a lab, so people who don't have sophisticated enough lab equipment sell it instead of mdma because it has some similar effects

swears

preppy-kei
re: drugs and relationships

I was seeing a girl for a while that just wanted to stay in every night and smoke weed. God, she was boring.