"R'n'B" recommendations PLEASE!?

craner

Beast of Burden
The TLC story is even more amazing, of course:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4SF1fbWinCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of my favorite groups of all time.

trza

VH1 back in the nineties with behind the music and pop up video all day every day. It was good stuff. The Milli Vanilli episode was what set off the series, people couldn't get enough of it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Dunno if I'm projecting my hatred of his face/personality onto his music, but Bieber's voice just seems so flatly generic to me. Could be anybody singing.

craner

Beast of Burden
Chante Moore looked fucking amazing when she released this, and it had a super Sunship remix on the flipside of the UK 12"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-ohUaRLL5oI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jermaine Dupri.

Edit: I recalled there being a good TOTP performance selling this, and lo! via the magic of YouTube, I found it:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WHQFiAvYwLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Case and Foxy, with other-planet production, like planets being crushed together, the noise Unicron made when he was eating other planets in Transformers - The Movie. Or maybe this is what it would've sounded like if Unicron had made love with other planets, rather than eating them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MvHZ_eSbPBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
Craig David remix, his second best moment.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5t71DEU6y2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Re-rewind' the first, obv.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Incredible track (and video). Lust as war.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sSOtIHUJbjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
I know we all hate Chris Brown, but this was a great track with Marvin Gaye 'T Plays It Cool' drums and a hilarious video. Clearly trying it on with an older woman way out of his league, so tries to woo her with some insane dance moves down the steet and on the basketball court and when that (sort of) fails he takes matters into his own hands and just...dives into the car. If I had tried that I would've been arrested and I can dance as well as Chris Brown, easily.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yn_6LC4loY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I first heard this on a pirate radio show and the DJ pitched it up so that the drums were ear-piercing and I thought a girl was singing. Sounded fantastic.

craner

Beast of Burden
Another good one, by Nivea written by and co-starring R Kelly. Again, hilarious video. R Kelly couldn't appear in it, probably for legal reasons.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kSYYw69yx84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nivea's greatest moment, although this is quite good, too:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/c-smFB-3nps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
Duprai remix of Xscape:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jde1gWXV200" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
Total, 'Trippin'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ARW3BWSd80?list=AL94UKMTqg-9ArV0Od9W_P9lMTRbI_JrPS" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CrowleyHead

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wZ9HG0nGe-g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is the greatest song of all time in this thread? Just in case it isn't...

rubberdingyrapids

i like about a third of it, but that future album is a bit overrated. i like the songs where he gets all emotional (though theres nothing as sublime as that song he did with rihanna), but the switches in tone from the crude to the apparently personal and intimate are quite poorly achieved. what i find weirdest is how reviews all talk about how revolutionary it is that hes singing hard lyrics on soft songs and vice versa. have they not been listening to r kelly? future is basically the new wyclef. the rap bangers are all generic too, though covered in money is kinda fun.

CrowleyHead

Future is nothing like R. Kelly or Wyclef. If you don't like the album cool, but please have the sense to understand that these writers don't know what they're talking about.

He's also not an R&B artist, so...