"R'n'B" recommendations PLEASE!?

CrowleyHead

^^ that's it right there.

"Never trus a big butt and a smile" - Poison

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Further proof that the Shocklees are fucking GENIUS.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
FFW to the present for a sec...

'Fancy' really is song-of-the-year stuff, isn't it? Listening to a few of his other tracks...is there anything else in RnB that captures this kind of dreamy, classical opulence vibe?

sjc

not exactly R&B, but that track in places makes me think of towa tei's last century modern.

theres various outkast songs that have a similar vibe. maybe prototype, or pink and blue. NERD might work too. bobby james, etc. dwele's kick out of you too, though thats a bit more jazzy. erykah badu's me and telephone are kinda dreamy too.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
not exactly R&B, but that track in places makes me think of towa tei's last century modern.

theres various outkast songs that have a similar vibe. maybe prototype, or pink and blue. NERD might work too. bobby james, etc. dwele's kick out of you too, though thats a bit more jazzy. erykah badu's me and telephone are kinda dreamy too.

yeah, of course...bobby james - that just struck me after i'd written that. Love that song. And Erykah too....maybe i have more of this kinda stuff than I realise...love this kind of...dunno, black psychedelia, for want of a better term.

And actually, listening to hendrix as I write this ...

Benny Bunter

Love this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mos dan

fact music
ooh shit DAMN (so good)

CrowleyHead

The Dream really likens himself to Prince, doesn't he? I mean, they're obviously Vanity 6, and by that right Milian is his Apollonia...

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
its not about the dodgy eye of the tiger funky house remix of official girl someones boshed in here, and one tune isnt cassie at all, but Push It is FIRE!
Theres been a bunch of leaked stuff on youtube of varying quality but if these are anything to go by the album will be so good.

And this I'm not sure if its actually Cassie, but its on the French Kiss beat so its quite good.

craner

Beast of Burden