"R'n'B" recommendations PLEASE!?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Rosebeast to thread! Need to know if you're gonna be back in London/Kingsland Road to do any more of those RnB nights, all of which I sadly missed last year... :(

In the meantime, some recommendations would be great! The last thing I got into was The Dream's Fancy, which is aeons ago now...

rosebeast

Rosebeast to thread! Need to know if you're gonna be back in London/Kingsland Road to do any more of those RnB nights, all of which I sadly missed last year... :(

In the meantime, some recommendations would be great! The last thing I got into was The Dream's Fancy, which is aeons ago now...

i am actually. I'm coming in from NYC in July to throw a night with Girl Unit and hopefully a special guest I can't say too much about yet. Should be good. The last one with Deadboy was insane!

Fancy was aeons ago...still as good as it was back when it was released though. Alright here's some stuff to wrap your ears around... some of this has been out a few months but I guess if you haven't heard anything since Fancy that wont matter.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rosebeast

I got some love for J-Lo too and I thought this was pretty good. One of the better recent Neptunes productions. I liked the return of the shimmering Amazon sound they used for "I'm a Slave 4 U."

wise

bare BARE BONES
Rosebeast :cool: thank God you're back! too little R&B lately, the night in Hoxton sounds grand will look forward to that

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i am actually. I'm coming in from NYC in July to throw a night with Girl Unit and hopefully a special guest I can't say too much about yet. Should be good. The last one with Deadboy was insane!

Fancy was aeons ago...still as good as it was back when it was released though. Alright here's some stuff to wrap your ears around... some of this has been out a few months but I guess if you haven't heard anything since Fancy that wont matter.

Brlliant news, look forward to that - and thanks for the recommendations!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

wow, planet kelly really is quite something.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That tune is basically self-parody laced with offensive misogyny, but the chorus is as infectious as the thousands of venereal disesases that presumably crawl atop the R's Rd on.

This isn't really R'N'B I suppose, more soul. But I had to post it up somewhere.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
That tune is basically self-parody laced with offensive misogyny,.

Do you think so? What I love about R Kelly is that I'm never quite sure about his creative intentions, or whether he has any distance from it at all. I think he stepped out into some Brian Wilson/Phil Spector/Michael Jackson creepy territory a while back, and I think mental illness is an irony-free zone.

Keeps me awake at night, thinking about that sort of thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm actually not sure myself. He seems to have become more aware of how people love his ridiculous lyrics ever since 'Trapped In The Closet' became an internet sensation. Hence songs like 'Sex Planet'/'The Zoo'. The second volume of 'Trapped in the closet' was insane, but somehow felt a bit more self-aware and therefore not quite as funny as the first volume.

Did he know how funny it would be to see him disappearing backwards into a cupboard while singing ''midget- midget - midget''?

Then again, maybe its just the logical step for him - there's that line in 'Fiesta' RMX I think where he sings 'like two gorillas in a jungle making lovvvvvve'.

GIRL I'M READY TO TOSS YOUR SALAD!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ciara 'Speechless' is by the far the biggest tune wot rosebeast just posted.

What else has The Dream done that I should listen to repeatedly until even my breath is autotuned?

optimum

Poochie
Ciara 'Speechless' is by the far the biggest tune wot rosebeast just posted.

What else has The Dream done that I should listen to repeatedly until even my breath is autotuned?

Incidentally I drunkenly mixed Speechless into Synthetic Flemm by Theo P, on radio last wkd, sounded ok! Others to check; Ride posted above, Love King, FILA, Four Color Zack mixtape, all easy to google, sorry can't post links atm

Last edited:

glottis5

luka

i listened to that makeup bag last night when it appeared on my facebook buit its shit.