don_quixote

Trent End
right guys, prediction time. no opt outs. let's see them.

top 4: man utd, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool.
yada yada. yawn. don't buy into man city, still. liverpool get back in through big four 'aura' remaining.

champions will be chelsea. carvalho going is making me nervy in that prediction, but i don't buy these 'drogba is getting old' forecasts. where have they come from exactly? he was the best striker in the world before the wc and he's still the best striker in the world.

champions league; continued withdrawal of english forces, one semi finalist. don't know which. spurs will go out in the qualifying rounds (but if they don't it will be really weird watching a team other than the usuals playing in the champions league). barca make the big return in europe but mourinho knocks them off their perch domestically.

bottom 3 of prem: blackpool, obviously, and by some distance. west brom. birmingham. newcastle and wigan survive last day.

unexpectedly high: blackburn

unexpectedly low: villa (although that doesn't even feel worthwhile right now)

definitely won't go down: stoke, sunderland

won't be in a job next summer: roberto mancini, roberto di matteo, roberto martinez. a bad year for robertos.

sorry spurs, i am nostradamus

hucks

Your Message Here
right guys, prediction time. no opt outs. let's see them.

top 4: man utd, chelsea, man city, liverpool

Arsenal don't have a keeper. Too much depends on Fabregas getting his game face back on, and I don't think he will

Man U champs. Or Chelse. Yeah, you heard it here first

champions league; Real Madrid. Man U to go furthest of English sides. Chelsea's euro curse to continue

bottom 3 of prem: blackpool, obviously, and by some distance. West Ham, Wigan

unexpectedly high: blackburn

unexpectedly low: Everton

definitely won't go down: Anyone else.

won't be in a job next summer: Ferguson. 19 and out.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
has Barton shaved yet?

Prem - Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool; going down - Wigan, Blackpool, West Ham
CL - Real
Liga - Barce

in other Prem news, Birmingham to place pretty well perhaps (M Derbyshire a good signing, right, plus they have a solid back line), i think Everton can have a good year.

Cardiff and QPR both make the play-offs at a minimum.

in the all important Conference race, the likes of Luton and freshly arrived Darlington to be there or thereabouts.
a good placing is expected of West Sussex's answer to Manchester City, Crawley Town.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Taggart getting fined a grand for not speaking to the Beeb yday, they should take away his wine and horses, hit him where it hurts.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Or get Fergie to peel £1,000 in crisp ten pound notes off to the interviewer before walking away.

I wasn't going to bother with the Prem this season, but it actualyl looks quite interesting so far. 3-0 City - have they got real substance at last?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
beat chelsea and arsenal last year didn't they? we'll see. man city's problems last season were drawing against too many mediocre teams

six points off Chelsea last season, four off Arsenal, two off Liverpool (though it should have been three at Anfield as i recall, gallingly). none off United or Everton, also gallingly. (trademark embittered Manc priorities.)

i'm sure Roy will whip them into shape, but, by god, a poor Liverpool last night, certainly toward the end at least.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
yup, and Lucas is no Mascherano obv.

did you see City's owner? born in 1970 i think, looks about 12. must have good moisturiser out in the desert kingdom. fresh faced.

hucks

Your Message Here
World Cup 2018 in England. In the bag.

One of the main presentations to the inspectors focused on the proposed arrangements for the draw for the 32 countries who qualify for the tournament.

The bid proposes an event where the balls for the draw are taken by river to the Tower of London the night before the event, with a 3D holograph of a penalty shoot-out on the river using Tower Bridge as the goal.

On the day of the draw, the balls would be taken down the Thames to the O2 arena – the exterior of which would be transformed into a giant football – for the draw itself.

That's what I'm fucking talking about.