baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Who'd've seen that coming? Fergie doesn't often lose two on the bounce, at least to two teams not among the top 5/6. City havent' looked convincing either - hoping that Spurs can take up the challenge and launch a proper three-way tussle. It could conceivably be the best (in excitement and quality of football) champ. race for years.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So will today's Manc derby cup result affect the title race? I think that if anything it might help City, in that they'll have at least one less game to play and they could well be spurred on by a sense of injustice over Kompany's sending off (I haven't seen it but I heard it was a dodgy decision)

e/y

I think City can be quite proud of their responce - they were completely rubbish in the first half, but pretty good in the second, especially since they were a man down.

Kompany went in with both feet, though they were low, and he got the ball. not sure what the rule is wrt to two footed tackled? but I think there was potential to do damage.

the game was pretty fun.

Phaedo

Yet another reason to loose respect for Liverpool. they are turning into a horrible football club.

EDIT: with regards to the title race I think City shouldnt be too bothered to be knocked out the FA Cup, especially with the way they came out the game. Less fixtures could be a huge advantage later on.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Fighting with your ex in a club in Yarm? Classy

In other news, Warnock's been sacked. Bit harsh methinks. But not that harsh

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
How did Man U manage to turn that into a bad day (psychologically/momentum speaking) for themselves? Astonishing.

"Liverpool v Man Utd, potentially QPR v Chelsea. nice." It's got to be the most combustible draw ever.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I quite like Tevez, love all the frothing pseudo-moralism he produces from pundits.

Yeah, Man City are hard to hate, which is the most hateful thing about them. they're generally inoffensive, and Balotelli rescues them from being androidally boring. Hating though, no chance, they seem mostly decent. Nasri is a bit of a prick, but he's helping their likeability too by being anonymous. I sense Mancini might be a dick if you speak Italian/he spoke English more fluently. As it is, it's difficult to find anything much in what he says.

e/y

i'm a chelsea fan, and i generally find city's players likeable. bar dejong. and tevez, if he counts.

it's not so much the players themselves - most seem alright (except for De Jong). I don't even really dislike Nasri. and then you have guys like Silva and Balotelli who are both great players and seem like nice guys, too. and the team plays pretty good football (probably the best in England this year? tho that's not saying much, everyone has been pretty crap I think).

it's more the way the whole club itself behaves. like Mancini himself actually seems like a nice, intelligent man (liked him at Inter), but he constantly cries poverty when he has a few players injured. then they employed the cringeworthy Garry Cook and pulled stunts like this. I mentioned naming Nasri MotM when they played us and he was anonymous - it's just very small-time. etc, etc.