Metal detectors at Brixton tube

zhao

there are no accidents
do you guys still have vid cameras on every street corner? why don't people just smash them?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In answer to the question, it's pretty obviously about concern over young kids going around tooled up, isn't it? The 'tools' in question generally being made of metal.

bassnation

the abyss
In answer to the question, it's pretty obviously about concern over young kids going around tooled up, isn't it? The 'tools' in question generally being made of metal.

its a random check that they do time to time in south london to see how many people are carrying weapons. you can expect to see the same for drugs on buses, etc. always seems to be in places like elephant and castle rather than fucking chelsea - rich people take drugs too but the police don't seem to be bothered about that. justice isn't just if its applied selectively.

when it comes to weapons though, i'm glad the police are doing something about it even if its a hopeless task.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I think our drug laws are a shambles*, but be that as it may, they should at least be applied equally to everyone. The worst thing is when anyone famous, especially an entertainer of some kind, gets repeatedly caught and let off. I mean, look at the ongoing Pete 'waste of amino acids' Doherty debacle: exactly how many times do you have to be caught with fucking heroin and crack before you get sent to prison, or at least some kind of enforced treatment? Doesn't exactly send out a 'tough on drugs' message, does it? Wankers.

*baby-shambles, rofl

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I think he's being harassed by the roz, actually, I reckon the cops sell the story each time to make some bob, he's just an earner for them now.

I've seen hand-held metal detectors before, but this was full-on airport security in Brixton, what made me angry though was it was for people going out of Brixton, not people coming in, thus if you were carrying, you could just turn and get the bus to Stockwell, it seemed like such a waste of money.