fancy dress ideas, HELP!

Immryr

someone please help me!! i need to get together a fancy dress costume for this friday and have very little time to put it together and preferably would like to not spend much on it. im useless at this sort of thing.

bassnation

the abyss
someone please help me!! i need to get together a fancy dress costume for this friday and have very little time to put it together and preferably would like to not spend much on it. im useless at this sort of thing.

i saw someone at a party recently dressed as a flasher, replete with dirty mac and fake naked body. not sure thats what your looking for though, ha ha.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tape a johnny to the centre of your face and if anyone asks what you've come as, the answer is "Fuck nose!".

Edit: or just go as yourself!
18413293510.jpg

zhao

there are no accidents
Oh, I could go for that hip hop-meets-intifada-with-a-gay-twist on the left myself.

minus the slippers of course (which account for atleast 90% of the gayness)

i don't suggest doing the following sober:

105-0544_IMG2.JPG

can you be a little more boring please? it's a fucking fancy dress party for fucks sake. you know, where people look OUT of the ordinary and have some FUN with their appearance? i suppose if it were up to you people everyone would look like this 365 days a year:

hipster-741699.jpg

and anything else would be "pretentious and cuntish", yeah?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Quote:

Umm, dude...you did *see* the image I put in that post, didn't you? Perhaps you didn't give the page enough time to load... ;)

Immryr

i should probably explain to zhao, and any other non-english people, that a fancy dress party is a costume party - not a party where you wear fancy clothing!

ripley

All my costumes have been rather predictable -(I'm associating this with the US Halloween costume party)

I went as an RIAA Agent one year in a black suit and shades and slicked back hair with big dollar signs on my pockets and on my sunglass lenses and ran around writing "tickets" for violations of copyright.

and the next year I went as a pirate in full tricorn hat, gold earring, billowysleeved shirt, kneehigh boots getup and handed out free CDs of my favorite mash-up tunes.

but this year I need something new.. hmmm..

redcrescent

the next year I went as a pirate in full tricorn hat, gold earring, billowysleeved shirt, kneehigh boots getup and handed out free CDs of my favorite mash-up tunes.
No, really, that's an awesome idea!

I hate people that show up at these things with a pencil stuck behind the ear insisting they arein fancy dress (scorekeeper at a croquet tournament in this clever git's case).

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
( see above ) cheap n cheerful, and really, fuck fancy dress and everyone that rides upon it, so...

Simple, wear your normal clothes, but paint one of your nipples blue. When asked, expose it and proffer that you're a blue tit.

Or, get a bunch of stuff from the butcher's, hide it in a plastic bag in your shirt, and when asked squeeze the bag and let all the bloody lot spill from your shirt, gasping, exclaiming that you're a car crash victim.

redcrescent

For economy, I guess a Roman toga (a.k.a. a white bed sheet) is unbeatable, but you risk either tripping yourself up and falling on your face or being exposed in unsightly ways.

Friend of mine cut some holes in a sugar bag and went as a bag of ganja.

zhao

there are no accidents
i have a Zapatista mask for these occasions (as well as dj performances sometimes).

and i would like to have some Mexican wrestling masks as well.

one of the best ideas my friend wore a long t-shirt with blood on it and weilding a knife, and his girl tied twisted up hose around her waist, and it comes out from under her skirt connected to a doll which has been painted red. abortion clinic doctor and patient...