post a picture of the place you live

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's funny but when I saw the bottom one from Nomadologist's pictures I thought it was a picture from Sufi of Green Lanes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also from Green Lanes, where I've lived twice:
roflesmallvk2.jpg

I was thinking about the no-go area thing because last year in Chicago my girlfriend and her friend got physically attacked by a couple of guys for being white and in the south side of town. :eek:

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Why can't I post attachments? I always used to be able to.
Copy/pasted from page 1 of this thread:
1) Go to a free image hosting site such as http://www.imageshack.us/ and upload your photo
2) resize photo as appropriate (or not, as you please - people seem to like beeeeg photos on here! )
3) to get just the photo by itself, right-click, View Image (or whatever your non-FF equivalent is)
4) copy the URL of the image and post on here, preceded by {IMG} and followed by {/IMG}, only with [ ] instead of { }.

You are a hobbit, and I claim my five pounds.

N

nomadologist

Also from Green Lanes, where I've lived twice:
roflesmallvk2.jpg

I was thinking about the no-go area thing because last year in Chicago my girlfriend and her friend got physically attacked by a couple of guys for being white and in the south side of town. :eek:

Ouch sorry to hear that. It could've been an obvious "tourist" thing, you think?

You know what's odd to me? I have friends who won't live outside Manhattan because of the "danger", but every last person I know who's been mugged or jumped had it happen on the Upper West Side, near 96th and Amsterdam (Or columbus? around there). Sometimes I think it's worse to be a target in a more crowded area than a less crowded one.

N

nomadologist

gotta use the form--pic the picture of the mountains with a sun from the buttons list up in the new message form. then c&p the direct link into the pop up window and hit "ok" or "save" or whatever...

N

nomadologist

You need square brackets, not curly ones. I did say this, didn't I? I mean, I'd have put square brackets in the actual post, but then the html (no, not him) would have done it's magic and you wouldn't have seen them.

i thought he used the curly brackets to illustrate what he'd done with the regular ones, because his text wouldn't have shown up otherwise

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ouch sorry to hear that. It could've been an obvious "tourist" thing, you think?

Cheers.

Dunno, she was living there at the time, so it's not like she was walking around with a backpack and a big map or anything, and her friend's a native. Must just have been a race thing, sadly.

N

nomadologist

Cheers.

Dunno, she was living there at the time, so it's not like she was walking around with a backpack and a big map or anything, and her friend's a native. Must just have been a race thing, sadly.

sigh

N

nomadologist

I think you're right. Just sucks, that's all. It wears me out.