paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I have a tune with Badness, Shizzle & Dizzle Kid that you'll be hearing soon. It's fucking disgusting and I don't say that lightly. You might have heard the instrumental on Blackdown's show recently like (theme from slackk).

Jackmeister played that (the instrumental) at Numbers on Saturday. It went OFF

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Hey, are there any good Ill Blu mixes about anywhere?

i'm pretty sure tim f posted one a while back. might be worth searching the funky thread on ILM for it.

Actually just checked and I d/led one from 1xtra. If you can wait til tmrw i'll sendspace it...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
where did this come from? joker's mixing is tight these days - or has been when ive seen him.

roska's mixing is fine. everyone has bad days.

I saw Joker in November and although he played a lot of great shit, he really could've just been playing them off iTunes. Saw Roska the other night and he was great although confusingly he only played tunes that have been released. I wonder if DJs think they need to play down to international audiences? Possibly with the idea that by playing released material they are supporting international sales?

Slackk, this is really fantastic. Nice work.

samdiamond

Saw Roska the other night and he was great although confusingly he only played tunes that have been released. I wonder if DJs think they need to play down to international audiences? Possibly with the idea that by playing released material they are supporting international sales?

from his twitter:
It always good when you can drop yesteryear tunes in your set and the crow appreciate it. Over here in the US i have that freedom!
2:13 PM Apr 15th via TweetDeck

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
from his twitter:
It always good when you can drop yesteryear tunes in your set and the crow appreciate it. Over here in the US i have that freedom!
2:13 PM Apr 15th via TweetDeck

To be honest this is a liberty I wish they wouldn't take.
EDIT: In a way, it makes it so there isn't really much point at all in paying to go see them when they are playing virtually exactly what the local DJs are, without bringing anything extra to the table except their face.

Last edited:

samdiamond

To be honest this is a liberty I wish they wouldn't take.
EDIT: In a way, it makes it so there isn't really much point at all in paying to go see them when they are playing virtually exactly what the local DJs are, without bringing anything extra to the table except their face.

Yeah I'd be a bit peeved. I can't that compare to what he plays in the UK though cos I haven't seen him over here unfortunately. I personally prefer it when DJs don't play many of their own tunes in sets unless they're unreleased/dubplates.