Tootsi

To everyone whos after some Devine Recording beats -

LISTEN CALLING EVERY FUNKY DJ DEVINE RECORDINGS E.PS ARE NOW ON SALE
ALL E.P'S COST £40 E.P 1 ( HOUSEGIRLS P1, HOUSEGIRLS P2, HOUSEGIRLS P3)
E.P 2 (HOUSEGIRLS P5, HOUSEGIRLS P6 GOTTA HAVE YOU)
THE MAGALUF E.P (MAGALUF P1, MAGALUF P2 I'M FEELING YOU, FEEL THE MUSIC) CONTACT DEVINEUK@HOTMAIL.CO.UK AND SEND YOUR BANK PAYMENTS TO PAYPAL........DEVINEUK@HOTMAIL.CO.UK SO GUYS AND LADIES GET YOUR COPY NOW!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Yeah that price is steep without a doubt. It's nice that they have something out there for sale though, and I'm giving it serious consideration. Might require me taking up the catfood diet for a couple of weeks though. :eek:

Couple of other things - Benny thank you for uploading the Petchy set, been slacking and missed his shows the last couple of weeks so on the download now. Likewise thanks to denoir for posting your mix, just about to load it up in soundcloud. Tracklist looks excellent, you used a couple of the same tunes as me.
Oh and this is a bit off-topic but that video for Different Lekstrix has got me hooked on watching clips from the New Dance Show on youtube. Can't believe I've gone my whole life until now without being aware of it, surely has to have some of the greatest dance moves ever on display. Next time that tune gets played at Numbers I expect to see everyone forming the line. ;)

Edit: serious question though - is it £40 for each EP or £40 for the whole set? The phrasing in the ad is a little ambiguous. The 'cheaper' option here is still hardly cheap, obvs. Lol @ wip-round.

Last edited:

tom lea

Quite certain it's £40 for one EP. I've emailed them anyway. If it's for all 9 i'm probably going to do it.
fuck that, i wouldnt even go halves. theyre taking the piss. the tracks are good but not 40 quid good.

Tim F

Yeah seems like DJ-only prices to me.

If you can only get one of them, get EP 2 - "House Girls 6" AND "Gotta Have You" (which I'm assuming is the same as "Gotta Have It")!!

FairiesWearBoots

I think they're just trying to control the dubs? I guess the vast majority of funky DJ's dont spin vinyl so still cheaper than cutting a plate and I guess if you're willing to fork out for an upfront 'dub' (Mp3) then I guess they hope you'll be less willing to share it? Dubplate culture for a digital age? hmm . . . not convinced

Simon78

That price is for a DJ special with your name in it isn't it?

Re pressing up some records. I was chatting to a shop owner who pressed up some Funky 12"s and he said they weren't selling that well. If its a tune like Seasons that is getting played by different styles of DJ's then yeah you would probably shift them all.

All the Funky DJ's use CDJ's I think so I doubt they are bothered about vinyl. If anyone wants to do it though 300 white labels are £440.